Reggae/Dancehall artiste Samini has been sworn in as the President of the Students Representative Council (SRC) of the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
The swearing-in ceremony of Samini and his deputy, Mabel Yawa Mensah took place on Tuesday, August 23 at the school’s premises.
The event saw Vincentia Z Opponwa sworn in as secretary, Ruth Yayra Agbeehia as Treasurer and Sandra Dobil as Women’s Commissioner respectively.
Speaking at the ceremony, Samini noted that he is happy to serve people, especially since as an entertainer he has not had the opportunity to be in such a position.
He added that serving as an SRC President also helps him understand the governance space.
This comes after the singer, born Emmanuel Andrews Samini beat stiff competition to win the SRC elections on June 22, 2022.
He garnered 307 votes, while his opponent, Theophilus Quartey, received 212 votes.
Samini promised, among other things to establish an SRC Emergency Trust Fund through crowdfunding and partnership with corporations to help support needy students, supporting businesses, and other worthy causes.
He again shared his desire to lessen students’ transportation challenges by reviving the school’s shuttle system, aiding students with registration, internship support and others.
Meanwhile, present at the swearing-in ceremony was the Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Mark Okraku Mantey who said he was proud of Samini for this achievement.
Samini is studying Project Management for his undergraduate degree.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- Women have been misled about menopause says New York Times
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- Vote for a candidate Ghanaians will prefer – Alan Kyerematen to delegates
- PEPFAR collaborates with Asutifi North Assembly in HIV/AIDS education
- Government needs to engage businesses to improve revenue generation – Dr. Seddoh
- We have not banned Okobeng Mining Limited from mining in Dominase – Gwira Traditional Council
- DDEP: The real issue is the quality of GDP – Dr. Seddoh
- DDEP: We seem to be rushing – Prof. Lord Mensah
- Stonebwoy releases brand new single ‘More of You’
- Fire sweeps through over 15 shops, houses at Tema Community Two
- AfDB Group, Government of Canada announce funding facility to grow SMEs
- Police on manhunt for robbers who shot 3 persons at Ntwitwina
- Egyapa Mercer disowns reports claiming he said first Oil-for-Gold consignment was paid for with cash
- Six technical universities participate in training to build their Career Services departments
- ‘We feel victimised even though we are fully compliant’ to E-VAT – Melcom to GRA
- GRA descends on Maxmart and Koala for failing to issue electronic VAT, others
- We have a concerted approach for investment facilitation in Ghana – GIPC’s Deputy CEO