Audio By Carbonatix
The Free Senior High School Secretariat says it has resolved 60 to 70 per cent of placement issues for first-year students across the country.
The Secretariat through its resolution centres received over 6,000 issues, mainly for students who were not placed in any school and those who wanted to change schools due to location.
Nana Afrah Sika Mensah, the Deputy Coordinator of the Free Senior High School Secretariat said this in an interview with the Ghana News Agency in Accra.
The Deputy Coordinator said students with single aggregate were to select schools under category “A”, while students with aggregate 10 to 14 are to select from category “B.”
Students with aggregate 15 and above are to choose schools from category “C” and select the programme for their courses.
She said the Secretariat staff were working on the issues, and within 24 hours, the challenges would be addressed.
According to her, the exercise had been successful and urged parents to exercise patience while the Secretariat addressed the challenges.
She said even though admission had started on December 4, the Secretariat was optimistic about addressing their issues as early as possible, adding that the first and second weeks were for orientation.
Nana Mensah said schools selected on the Self-Placement Portal could be changed as many times as the candidate wished on the portal until they enrolled.
She assured the public, guardians and students, especially those who could not be matched with their choices during the automatic placement, that all schools with vacancies had been uploaded on the portal for students to select from during self-placement without hitches.
Nana Mensah cautioned parents not to pay money to anybody since the exercise was free.
The GNA observation revealed that the solution centres are collecting contacts and other relevant details from parents and guardians to address their issues.
A statement from the Ministry of Education said that out of the total number of 598,839 results received from WAEC, 585,797 candidates qualified to be placed.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana is open to responsible mining, investment – Minerals Commission
1 minute -
Suspect busted with 150kg of cocaine at Accra International Airport
3 minutes -
GoldBod to launch digital gold platform for Ghanaians, Africans
9 minutes -
NPP will reinstate Torkornoo when we return to power – Afenyo-Markin hints
11 minutes -
We’ll establish a Gold Village in Accra next year – Sammy Gyamfi
12 minutes -
Many Canadians are boycotting the US, so this is where they’re travelling instead
16 minutes -
Mining communities must be treated as development partners and economy shareholders – Sammy Gyamfi
21 minutes -
Nearly 9 metric tonnes gold refined locally this year – Sammy Gyamfi
22 minutes -
The world’s best countries for expats in 2026
26 minutes -
Social clubs must become engines of national development – Ace Anan Ankomah
27 minutes -
Harvard appoints former BoG Governor Ernest Addison as senior research fellow
29 minutes -
Sammy Gyamfi warns youth exclusion could threaten mining’s social licence
30 minutes -
Mining communities must not be left without social amenities – Sammy Gyamfi
34 minutes -
National Mining Dialogue 2026: We must remain independent in reporting on mining — GJA President
42 minutes -
Social licence must be reimagined as a development compact with the youth – Sammy Gyamfi
43 minutes