A 45-year-old self-acclaimed evangelist, Osofo Elijah, has been arrested with skeletal parts at Buoku Nkwanta in the Wenchi Municipality of the Bono Region.
The assemblyman for the Bouku electoral area, Mustafa Musah, confirmed the incident to Adom News’ Christian Ofori Kumah.
He said around 6:00pm on Wednesday, he received a distress call from a senior security officer with a quarry company in the area who was suspicious of the suspect’s movement.
“Upon hearing the information I hurriedly informed elders of the community and we proceeded to the scene,” the assemblyman said.
He disclosed that the suspect, who lives in an isolated building on the outskirts of the town, occasionally came to preach at Buoku.
He further explained that when they got to the scene, they ordered the suspect to open his door where a bag with the human parts was retrieved.
When questioned, the suspect denied knowledge of the parts but a tomb at the Buoku cemetery had been broken into with the body exhumed.
A call was later made to the Chiraa police in the Sunyani West District who came to the scene to arrest the suspect.
Cutlasses, scissors, machetes, and other deadly weapons were also retrieved from the suspect’s room after a search conducted by the police.
A 23-year-old senior high school graduate was also arrested to assist the police with investigations.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- ‘It feels like it never left’ – Revitalized Hitz Skuul Reunion wins patrons’ hearts
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- Africa needs new strategic framework for industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- Ghanaian plastic surgeon awarded US President’s Volunteer Service Award
- 2022 World Cup: Black Stars enjoy morning walk ahead of South Korea clash
- YEA partners with Prisons Service to recruit 2000 personnel as Prison Office Assistants
- Teachers and students at Sandema embrace STEM Bootcamp
- Ghana’s domestic debt restructuring options: debt ‘haircut’, debt reprofiling or combination of both
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children
- Huawei signs global ITU pledge to connect 120 million people in remote areas to digital world
- Leo Ackon: A Christian perspective on Ghana’s current economic situation
- High Court to give judgement on Ato Essien, 2 others on December 1, 2022
- Crises of inequality – Eradicating injustice to ensure more inclusive, sustainable economy
- Behind the voice: An interview with TikTok’s text-to-speech actress
- Let’s work to maintain Ghana’s peace and security – Akufo-Addo
- 5 reasons why your married man won’t let you move on
- Qatar 2022: Clashes in Brussels after Morocco beat Belgium