A 45-year-old self-acclaimed evangelist, Osofo Elijah, has been arrested with skeletal parts at Buoku Nkwanta in the Wenchi Municipality of the Bono Region.
The assemblyman for the Bouku electoral area, Mustafa Musah, confirmed the incident to Adom News’ Christian Ofori Kumah.
He said around 6:00pm on Wednesday, he received a distress call from a senior security officer with a quarry company in the area who was suspicious of the suspect’s movement.
“Upon hearing the information I hurriedly informed elders of the community and we proceeded to the scene,” the assemblyman said.
He disclosed that the suspect, who lives in an isolated building on the outskirts of the town, occasionally came to preach at Buoku.
He further explained that when they got to the scene, they ordered the suspect to open his door where a bag with the human parts was retrieved.
When questioned, the suspect denied knowledge of the parts but a tomb at the Buoku cemetery had been broken into with the body exhumed.
A call was later made to the Chiraa police in the Sunyani West District who came to the scene to arrest the suspect.
Cutlasses, scissors, machetes, and other deadly weapons were also retrieved from the suspect’s room after a search conducted by the police.
A 23-year-old senior high school graduate was also arrested to assist the police with investigations.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Livestream: 7th EMY Africa Awards on Joy Prime
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs