Tunnel Music Group’s rapper, Eldeezy has taped Sablar and De7 on his current Afrobeats joint ‘Aku’.
Produced by Sevensnares and mastered by renowned sound engineer Possi Gee, ‘Aku’ comes off the back of his debut Soul EP.
On ‘Aku’, Eldeezy takes a deep step into the Afrobeats genre fused with ‘Gome’, a native Ghanaian traditional ensemble rhythm.
In the song, he traded his standard street-inspired lyricism for something gentler in tone. Nonetheless, he still excels as a clever and entertaining wordsmith, dropping nothing but straight bars right from A-Z.
Beyond this, Eldeezy’s effortless cool helps keep it all together. It steadily extracts the fun he tries to create, nicely floating over synth-charged instrumental domination.
The title “Aku” was inspired by the story “Aku Sika”; A book published in 1999 by Professor Martin Otchere and was read by most Ghanaian students in the early 2000’s.
According to the song crooner, “Aku” talks about relationship conflicts that arise as a result of a man’s weak financial strength and the fact that communication and time are the best solutions.
Thanks to some nifty wordplay. “AKU” is available across all major digital streaming platforms.
Eldeezy, born Andy Osei Peprah, is a Ghanaian rapper, singer, and songwriter from the Eastern Region of Ghana who currently resides in Accra.
Eldeezy is a body of art; his interest in visuals and music led him to study film, music, philosophy, and classics in the University of Cape Coast, where he graduated with First Class Honours in 2020.
Professionally, Eldeezy has been in the music industry since 2019. He got a lot of recognition for posting freestyles on social media.
These freestyles went viral and caught the attention of most mainstream artistes including Jayso and E.L, who ended up featuring him on their albums. His body of work includes singles titled ‘Fear’, ‘The Rise’, ‘Don’t Know’ and ‘Six Figures’; all of which are exceptionally crafty and monumental. ‘So In Love’ [which got him number one and two trends simultaneously on Twitter Ghana] and ‘Sacrifices’ are also singles off his debut EP titled ‘Soul’, released
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Increment in VAT is inappropriate at this time – Ghana Chamber of Commerce CEO
- Current system not effective enough to mobilise more revenue – Gyan-Quansah
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Christmas starts early at Labadi Beach Hotel
- Prof. Kwesi Yankah: The curse of penalties: Dede Ayew
- 2022 World Cup: Players gave their all – Otto Addo on Black Stars exit
- We expect to reach a Staff-Level Agreement with IMF soon
- Young girls exchanging sex for sanitary pad – Eco-Me Africa
- Playback: NDC outlines modalities ahead of 10th National Delegates Congress
- SEND Ghana requests government to clarify intended increase in LEAP
- We’re shocked Akufo-Addo watched World Cup in Qatar despite economic crisis – Minority
- Carruthers Tetteh: Educating Persons Living with Disabilities in Ghana: Predicaments and Solutions
- VOICE Ghana charges government to build an inclusive society for PWDs
- Nigerian artistes make sacrifices and investments to attain global recognition – Harrysong
- Woman shot as armed robbers attack Awutu Bereku residents
- Qatar 2022: Black Stars will be back hungrier than ever – Elisha Owusu
- 25 teams in Ashanti region progress to final stage of GSTEP challenge
- Constituents of Asante Akyem North debunk MP’s claims of functioning 1D1F factory