Trending Number 1, 2 and 3. Indeed the sports edition of the Joy News’ PM Express show lived up to expectations on Tuesday night.
The special edition hosted by Joy Sports presenters Gary Al-smith and George Addo Jnr saw leading football journalists in Ghana and the world share their thoughts on the beautiful game which has been slowed by the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Kwabena Yeboah, Ghana’s finest football commentator gave his perspective on the topic, Football After Covid-19, from the Ghanaian angle and earned massive praise. It’s no surprise that he trended number 2 on Twitter behind the official hashtag for the show #PMExpress.
The hype of the show had been built around famous Premier League commentators, Peter Drury and Jon Champion.
Drury who has massive following in the West African country, shared impressive thoughts on the topic. Drury trended number 3 on Twitter.
For Jon Champion, one of the Premier League’s longest-serving commentators, he brought his vast knowledge to bear on the topic with former SuperSport presenter, Robert Marawa not left out of the well-produced show by the Joy Sports team.
Below are some social media reactions.
- She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
- Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded 3 times for $13m
- Saglemi scandal: Funds were not directly given to me, they were spent by Finance Ministry – Collins Dauda
- Ghana will not default in repaying debt; but classified as highly debt distress country – IMF
- Police Constable allegedly murdered in cold blood by boyfriend in Damongo
- University of Ghana students bear brunt as UTAG strike kicks in
- Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Ghana treading on slippery slope, I doubt Akufo-Addo will assent to it – H. Kwasi Prempeh
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer drags GLC to Court
- ECG on warpath with GRIDCo over its decision to sell power for industrial use
- Actor, Jay Pickett dies on set
Western Region Forestry Commission announces ‘closed season’ for hunting
Many cocoa farmers can’t afford new farming techniques – Research
Policewoman stabbed to death at Damongo
‘Be creative and innovative as you enter the job market’ – Bono East Minister to NSS personnel
Tokyo 2020: Youth and Sports Minister announces package for Team Ghana
EduSpots to distribute 28,000 books across 40 communities in 15 regions
Tema to host Masquerade Carnival in December
Investigate vandalism at Bogoso Prestea Mines – Wassa East MP
Bill and Melinda Gates finalize their divorce
2021 Census: 99% of households counted, exercise ends August 8
Sunyani Traditional Council enstools Nana Akosua Dua Asor Brayie II as Paramount Queen-mother
Election-related expenditure reason for high debt, not Covid-19 – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
Shirley Frimpong-Manso tells the Ghanaian love story with her first telenovela, Dede
Filing an appeal isn’t stay of execution, you can’t hold yourself as MP – Nana Boakye tells Gyaakye Quayson
Tokyo 2020: Three things that will motivate Takyi for gold