Local businesses are failing to take advantage of current trends in technology and digital platforms to maximize their profitability.
According to the Chief Executive Officer of Blancheq, Akwasi Ossei Boateng,
businesses are stuck in the traditional ways of advertisement, though
transactions have increasingly become vibrant on digital platforms.
Start-ups often regard marketing and advertising as a major financial burden.
But Mr Boateng believes digital marketing platforms offer good alternative and global competitiveness.
He spoke to LuvBiz at a Corporate Meet up Event, organised by the No Business As Usual Hub, under the theme ‘Leveraging Digital Platforms for
“A million people are on virtual platforms. As a business, you need to be
where people are. If people are on a certain platform, that is where you need to be, as a business,” said Mr. Boateng. “With the COVID-19 pandemic, and the restrictions on movement, it is imperative for businesses to have an online presence. Majority of the people with purchasing power, are on virtual platforms”.
He, however, cautioned against online fraud which puts businesses at risk and advised.
“You cannot trust these online platforms hundred per cent. Take advantage of the less risky platforms. You can sell online, but payment should be done after delivery.
He continued that “Social Media should mainly be used for advertisement. Payment should be done in person, especially if you don’t trust these online platforms. These are ways to make sure you don’t fall victims to scammers”.
Marketing and Virtual Expert, Odamea Amoako reiterated the need to make
use of social media platforms to promote professional brands and growth.
“You need to know what you want to be known for; that is your brand. Be
consistent on social media, if you want to grow professionally. Be strategic
about sending or accepting friend requests on social media. Follow the handles of people who will help you develop. Avoid nicknames; kindly use your own names on social media. This will help you become visible. It also makes it easier when people search for your information on social,” she advised.
Training Coordinator of the No Business As Usual Hub, Shaibu Fuseini,
encouraged participants to learn about new technology developments and
how to leverage career and professional growth on interactive platforms.
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Mother shares experience
- Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
- Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
Children with hole in heart need help – Surgeon
Kpone Zonal Councils intensify fight against poor sanitation
Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in Citi FM journalist’s assault
Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
Pregnant woman, 2 others feared dead in Tamale-Buipe Highway accident
Ghana ranked 9th in SSA with highest value of energy infrastructure project – Report
UK funds cyber capacity building in Ghana
CSIR wants recognition for research works
Femi Kuti speaks after father, Fela, missed out on 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction
The neglected woman with a neglected disease
GPL wrap – Medeama and Bechem United lose at home for the first time as Hearts close gap at top
Smith Rowe benefits from Jorginho error as Arsenal win at Chelsea
Atletico two wins from league title after victory over Sociedad
PSG win on penalties to reach French Cup final