The Canadian National Tower or ‘CN Tower’ [553.3 meters] held the record for the world’s tallest structure for 32 years. From when it was built in 1976 until it was eclipsed by the Burj Khalifa [829.8 meters] in Dubai in 2007, it enjoyed the privilege of overlooking over the world.
Although it has lost its crown as the tallest structure still, it attracts over 1.5 million people to visit the CN Tower every year. This reminded me that there must be something special about it that attracts many visitors from around the world so after visiting Niagara Falls recently, I decided to visit the CN Tower.
“O yes and I discovered that there are three very reasons to visit the CN Tower apart from its iconic status of course.
Originally, the CN Tower was intended to be just a transmission tower, but the designers and builders started to dream big. They added elevators, viewing platforms, restaurants, shops, activities-and made it into one of Canada’s top tourist attractions.
Simply going up to one f the viewing decks is well worth the price of admission. There are other things to do at the CN Tower, but let’s face it, riding a glass-enclosed elevator 346 meters up to the Lookouts, or 447 meters to the SkyPod, is the thing to do. It’s exciting to be that far up, way above all of Toronto’s Skyscrapers.
Both the viewing platforms give the opportunity for a 360 view of Toronto and Lake Ontario. From the higher SkyPod, you can see up to 160 kilometres on a clear day- all the way to Niagara Falls. Near the base is the Billy Shop Toronto City Airport, on Toronto Island. Watching the planes take off and landing-from way above them was my favourite thing I did.
The 360 Restaurant is one of Toronto’s top fine dining options. This place has it all. Nice dining room, first-class food, professional service and the best ambience in the city. The revolving view, plus all the other amenities, make dining at the 360 Restaurant a truly special event. Celebrities ad dignitaries regularly dine here and locals come to celebrate personal occasions and holidays like New Year’s Eve and Valentine’s Day.
View from the SkyPod is always superb and the Edge Walk is a truly thrilling activity, but eating dinner at the 360 Restaurant with friends or family can be the top reason to visit the CN Tower. You will meet new friends and have dinner at the 360 Restaurant just before dusk.
You can settle into your window seats and immediately feel the magic. The view of the city, 351 meters below, the attentive servers, the fresh, tasty food, and of course a lively conversation combined to make for a very special evening.
The edge walk is the newest attraction at the CN Tower as it is also, by far; the most spectacular. The Edge Walk will test your nerves like a few other tourist activities on the planet. It’s the highest outdoor walk in the world at 356 meters and was even given a Guinness World Book of Records Award.
“You can feel the breeze caressing your face and blowing through your hair as you lean your body back, 1168 feet above Toronto!”
So, if you’ve got the nerve, I would say this is a must-do on your visit to the CN Tower during the months it’s open [surely from April to October when the weather is always nice]. Buy one ticket and you will have a 1.5-hour experience that includes training, a 30 minute Edge Walk, a video clip, plus access to all other CN Tower attractions.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM cards – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam
- Edmund Addo returns to Sheriff Tiraspol after botched summer transfer
- Chinese employer who allegedly slashed throat of Ghanaian employee to be arraigned today
- Elikem Asenath Naa Obiorkor Commey
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- King Charles III: New coins featuring monarch’s portrait unveiled