Reggae/Dancehall musician Stonebwoy has attributed his success to his late mother, Mrs. Catherine Satekla.
Speaking on GTV’s Breakfast Show, Stonebwoy said as an underground artiste, his mum supported his music with whatever money she had despite not knowing much about the industry.
He explained that “she was everything to my career. My Mum wouldn’t understand what it was, but, she would sell something to give you money…If I ever made it in life, it is because of my mother. I just hate that she is not here to see, that is what I feel sad about.”
Recalling his mother’s impact on his life, Stonebwoy said she was supportive and took care of him in his weakest moments.
“When my knee got messed up, I was in the hospital for six months and my mum was always there. She slept on the floor for three months. That is why I go after anyone who says anything about my mother, because you people don’t know what she has done for me.”
Stonebwoy’s mother, Mrs. Catherine Satekla, died on Wednesday, July 29, 2015, at the 37 Military Hospital where she was receiving treatment after collapsing the previous Sunday.
The ‘Everlasting’ hitmaker revealed his mother’s death is an incident he cannot get over, no matter how many years it has been.
The ‘Putuu’ singer said he is determined to continue making his mum proud.
“I won the BET in America, I called her and we were jumping about and I came back to meet her dead body. I still can’t get over that. I know she’s proud of me and I am going to do everything I can to make sure she is still happy about it.”
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- Akufo-Addo appoints Baffour-Awuah as Minister for Pensions
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- We did not know Mac Iyalla was a gay activist – Nkusukum Traditional Council
- GSE grants ESLA, Daakye, 3 others extension to submit 2022 unaudited financial statements
- FBI search President Biden’s home in Delaware
- NDC chides Akufo-Addo’s government for mismanagement of Covid-19 funds
- Investor appetite for Ghana’s petroleum sector dips significantly – Alliance of CSOs
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Own your look with oraimo’s shaving products for the perfect shave
- Enough is enough – Sergio Manucho fumes at ungrateful musicians
- 4 suspects in Haiti president’s killing sent to US
- Francis Addai Nimoh formally declares intention to contest for NPP flagbearership race
- Full text: NDC’s Moment Of Truth speech on Auditor-Generals Report on government’s Covid expenditures
- EuroCham, Agribusiness Chamber to launch a platform to increase investments in agric
- I’ve been loyal to NPP despite being sidelined by Akufo-Addo – Addai-Nimoh