Reggae/Dancehall musician, Stonebwoy, has revealed that footballer Asamoah Gyan footed his bill for a surgery he underwent about seven years ago.
Taking to Twitter, Stonebwoy thanked the former captain of the Black Stars for his benevolence.
Sharing a picture of Asamoah Gyan the ‘Everlasting’ hitmaker wrote “@ASAMOAH_GYAN3 you came tru (through) for me around this same time 7 years on. you decided to take my surgery cost, I’m forever Grateful ♥️🙏.”
@ASAMOAH_GYAN3 you came tru for me around this same time 7 years on. you decided to take my surgery cost, I’m forever Grateful ♥️🙏 pic.twitter.com/NzQm3knaoB— 1GAD (@stonebwoy) January 26, 2023
Stonebwoy in 2003 was involved in an accident on the Accra Tema Motorway. He was in a vehicle with his father, twin brother and elderly sister on the way to Ashaiman from Accra when the unfortunate accident occurred.
The musician was bedridden in a hospital for about six months following the accident. The crash severely damaged his leg.
In 2016, a few months after his mother passed away, Stonebwoy was scheduled for surgery on his leg in Germany.
The bill for that surgery he noted was taken care of by Asamoah Gyan. “Time flies but I can never forget,” Stonewboy stated.
Meanwhile, reacting to the musician’s post, Asamoah Gyan said he was happy to be of help to Stonebwoy when he needed it.
“It’s all from the heart,” he wrote.
Time flies but I can never forget.— 1GAD (@stonebwoy) January 26, 2023
5months after the passing of my mum ❤️🩹..
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- 1.4 million tons of food are lost annually along the food chain
- Funeral is a huge business – Veteran broadcaster Yaw Okyere
- They’re your battle scars – Yul Edochie urges Funke Akindele to restore deleted politics-related posts