The Gukpegu Naa Alhaji Alhassan Abdulai has warned that the posture of the Dakpema who carries himself as the Chief of Tamale if not nipped in the bud could disturb the peace the Metropolis is currently enjoying.
According to the Gukpena, the Dakpema in recent past continue to carry himself as the Chief of Tamale and has erected signposts to advertise himself to that effect. This, the chief said is contrary to his role.
There have been debates over who is the Tamale Chief for some time now but addressing a press conference in Tamale, Secretary to the Gukpena, Mohammed Rashad Abdulai said their intention was to set the record straight on who the chief of Tamale is.
He pointed out the difference between a Tindana and a Naa, by explaining that whiles the Naa was entitled to rule, the Tindana was to pacify the gods.
Mr. Rashad said it was therefore wrong for the Dakpema to carry himself as the Chief of Tamale.
He said on countless occasions, the Dakpema has issued letters for fund raising and signed those letters as the Chief of Tamale which is wrong. He also cited an upcoming event to be hosted by the Dakpema.
Mr Rashad said one cannot be a Paramount Chief if the person is not a member of the Dagbon Traditional Council and in the Northern Region; adding that the Dakpema is not a member of the Council and in the region.
He described the activities of the Dakpema as mischievous.
He said though they appreciate the activities of Care International and USAID, they will not hesitate to condemn their participation in the program tomorrow.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Banking sector crisis: State institutions must raise red flags at the right time – Alhassan Andani
- GRASAG launches Graduate Research Trust Fund to support scientific and policy-oriented research for national development
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC
- Chinese employer allegedly slashes throat of Ghanaian employee
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- NIA called, begged 9 Ghanaians to come for their Ghana Cards after filing complaint in court – Sam George
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the survival of banks in economic crisis
- Mfantsipim Old Boys Association holds annual engagement series
- betPawa Premier League: Seydou Zerbo getting frustrated with Kotoko strikers