The head of Sudan’s Sovereign Council, Gen Abdel Fattah Abdelrahman Burhan has dissolved the council and the cabinet and declared a state of emergency across the whole country.
He made the announcement in a live televised address.
All members of the Sovereign Council – overseeing the transition to democratic rule – have been relieved from their positions, he said.
He also dissolved all the state governments and removed the governors from their positions.
He said that a caretaker government will be announced before the end of November, and declared that general elections to pave the way to a civilian government will take place in July 2023.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- JoyNews premieres ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- Keta Port will be your legacy if constructed – KIPC CEO to Akufo-Addo
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Tariq Lamptey Foundation donates football kits and equipment to two schools in Asamankese
- OccupyGhana shocked at government’s new position on Public Officers Act after ignoring its calls
- Beyoncé celebrates Blue Ivy after she takes stage at Renaissance world tour
- National Cathedral: Only $22.07m out of $58.14m has gone into actual construction – Ablakwa
- Agorkedzi: Another tidal waves destruction leaves one dead, many homeless
- Immediately transfer shares held by JOHL to GNPC – Minority to government
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Family of late Akwaboah Snr. holds one-week memorial
- POGA 1997 year group celebrates 25th anniversary
- Ghana International School poised to make an impact in Ghana and beyond – Principal discloses
- UNDP, Japan construct reference labs at Kotoka and other ports of entry
- Burning Issues: Pharmacist highlights effect of teenagers’ misuse of contraceptives