A private legal practitioner Martin Kpebu is calling on the Police Service to swiftly investigate and prosecute the perpetrators of the Benya FM attack.
Mr Kpebu wants the police to ensure justice is served to the victims.
The Police Service police have said it has arrested the persons behind the attack.
However, reacting to the news of the arrest, on JoyNews’s AM with Benjamin Akakpo on Thursday, May 19, he said the police should not end the case after the arrest.
He is thus asking the police to proceed to court and prosecute the suspects.
“It is heartwarming that the police have arrested the alleged perpetrators, but we would wish to urge that they go ahead with investigations swiftly and proceed to court so that we will get a speedy resolution of the matter because sometimes arrests are made, and it takes donkey years for the case to go to court.”
The Information Ministry has also called on the District Police Command to investigate and prosecute the alleged perpetrators promptly.
In a press release issued on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, the Ministry said the action by the thugs was unnecessary and without justification.
“The Ministry of Information condemns the reported assault in no uncertain terms and urges the police to promptly investigate and prosecute the alleged perpetrators accordingly,” the Ministry said.
It described the attack on the broadcaster as totally unacceptable and said, “there is no justification whatsoever for a broadcaster to be assaulted simply for doing his work.”
Some men attacked Osofo Blessing, a presenter with Benya FM in Elmina, over reports that the radio station was discussing matters of non-availability of premix fuel and how those who are not fishermen were given the product to the detriment of fishers who need it.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
AGI CEO worried over scarcity of market-ready graduates
Livestream: The Law discusses justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave club this summer
Rafael Nadal apologises after Wimbledon third-round win ends on testy note