Tyson Fury has revealed that a sheikh wanted to stage a mega-money rematch between the world heavyweight champion and Wladimir Klitschko on his luxury yacht.
Fury and Klitschko have not yet agreed when or where they will return to the ring, but the Englishman said five venues are under consideration.
The 27-year-old said one offer from the Middle East in particular caught his attention, but the proposal appears to have hit the rocks.
"There are five possible venues. I'm hoping it's not going to go back to Germany. I'd rather go to Abu Dhabi or Qatar than there," Fury told the Daily Telegraph.
"We even had negotiations to have it on a cruise ship. There was a sheikh in Dubai who owned a yacht which would fit only 120 people on.
"He didn't want to broadcast the fight anywhere and he said he could sell 120 tickets at $1million each, so that would have been $120 million.
"He wanted to have an exclusive heavyweight championship of the world fight with no TV station, with just those 120 people watching.
"He didn't say how much I would get, but I probably would have had the biggest half of the $120 million – so I was all for it. I don't think it’s possible now, but it would have been an epic story.
"It shows that this is the biggest prize in sport. People want to be associated with the heavyweight champion of the world.
"You've got this newcomer in me who's taken all his belts and people want to see if Klitschko can redeem himself in the rematch. Wherever it ends up, I'm happy to go."
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoyFMSports. Our hashtag is #JoySports
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
- NSMQ 2021 national championship starts today
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
LGBTQI+ activities are illegal in 69 UN member states – Report
World Cup Qualifiers: Broos names provisional squad for crucial Zimbabwe and Ghana encounters
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura
Government provides funds to complete first phase of KNUST Teaching Hospital
I want to wear the jersey of Kotoko – Asamoah Gyan hints at possible last dance with ‘childhood’ club
Ofori-Atta to present 2022 Budget on Nov. 17
Prayer camps should be incentivised to bring breast cancer patients to hospital – Okoe Boye
South Sudan Sports Minister calls on Executive Director of National Service Scheme
‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Provide strategic direction to IGP to build a professional service – Akufo-Addo charges Police Council
Inter-ministerial AU-ECOWAS Consultative workshop on implementing CSVRA, CSVMS opens in Accra
‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail