A student of the University of Ghana has shared a story about how she strangely blacked out on her way to Okponglo, a suburb of Accra on Friday.
Later when Akua Dinero regained consciousness, she found that her ¢5000 was missing, she claimed.
Recounting the incident on Twitter, she said, “On Friday, September 27, I made my way to Okponglo to send money to someone at the commercial bank [GCB Bank] at Legon first. I took a dropping taxi from my hall and got out from the little station above Okponglo.”
“As I walked down towards the people trying to cross the road I lost all memory I forgot everything. I don’t know what happened in the next hour. In fact, I have little recollection of my entire Saturday.
“I woke up on Sunday not sure what had happened only to see messages and calls from my family and the people I was supposed to send the money to and the actual money, missing,” she posted.
She added that “I don’t recall giving the money to anyone or anything else actually, like I dunno how I got back to my room or how I slept so much. I just feel a strange sensation any time I try to retrace my steps back to that Friday morning.”
Other people commenting on the thread also recounted similar experiences like hers that either happened to them or someone they know.
Dinero ended her narration with advise to the public saying, “I hope this will create some awareness. Let’s just be safe out there guys.”
Confirming the occurrence to JoyNews, she said she has seen a general practitioner.
Read her account and some of the reactions below:
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
DR Congo Eid clashes: Court hands down death sentences
10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
Twitter for iOS begins prompting users to enable App Tracking option
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected