The Vice President John Dramani has postponed a scheduled trip to the Czech Republic where he was to participate in the Ghana-Czech Business Forum to help solve the delays in transporting the last batch of Hajj Piglrims to Saudi Arabia.
The Vice President’s spokesperson, John Jinapor explained to Joy News that Mr. Mahama was locked up in a meeting with the Hajj Board and other stakeholders in a bid to find a solution to this latest development.
Meanwhile the prospective pilgrims have expressed disappointment at the delays in traveling amidst fears that they may not make it on the holy journey.
According to some pilgrims authorities failed to airlift them as promised on Saturday, whiles others say their passports are not ready.
The pilgrims called on the authorities in charge to furnish them with adequate information on all developments so as to be abreast with happenings since they are getting frustrated.
Further reports from the Hajj Village near the El Wak Sports Stadium indicates that chaos broke out when prospective pilgrims rejected cartons of bottled water presented by a group of young men believed to have come from the office of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) flagbearer, Nana Akuffo Addo.
An eye witness, Alhassan Abdul Gaffau who spoke to Joy News said the water was rejected when the prospective pilgrims got to know it was sponsored by Nana Akuffo Addo, insisting that they were there to go to Mecca and not to drink bottled water.
Source: Derick Romeo Adogla/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Social media reacts to death of Ekow Blankson
- Diversions of $100m oil money disconcerting; Finance Minister must repatriate funds urgently – Mahama
- Pete Edochie and wife celebrate 53rd marriage anniversary
- GWCL assures regular water supply despite flooding incidents
- Capt Ibrahim Traoré: From shy schoolboy to military ruler
- Choosing Chelsea over United was ‘best decision of my life’ – Mikel Obi
- Neighbour rescues 13 Zambia women held for six months
- Mankessim murder: Court adjourns case to allow police more time to investigate
- Nima Dreams: ‘Inadequate pitches causing decline in football talents’ – Mohammed Polo
- How Dansoman influenced Akosua Adjepong’s career
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘It’s an inspiration to do more’ – Mohammed Kudus reacts to messages from Right to Dream
- We’ve paid ¢2.4bn to pensioners as of August 2022; never defaulted – SSNIT Boss
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Finance Ministry to continue IMF negotiations in U.S.A
- Government bags ¢8.11bn from T-Bills in September 2022
- Nigeria gunmen disguised as guards kill 12 people
- Create a budget to fight cyber crime – Cyber Security Authority to businesses