Electronic security systems provider, Virtual Security Africa and its sister company, Virtual InfoSec Africa, which donated ¢100,000 worth of hand sanitisers to the Ghana Health Service (GHS).
The hand sanitizers were procured from local manufacturers, Kasapreko Company Limited in Accra.
Sales and Marketing Manager of the company, Yvonne Nimoh, who presented the items, said as a good corporate citizen, the company felt obliged to contribute resources to the fight.
She said the 700 boxes of hand sanitizers was the company’s token in support of government’s tireless efforts at curbing the spread of the virus.
As the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases increase steadily both in Ghana and elsewhere, corporate organisations and individuals are showing humanity in them by donating generously towards the fight against the spread of the disease.
Many governments across the world are overwhelmed by the sheer scale of resources needed to fight the pandemic which has claimed 5 lives locally and more than 44,000 globally.
To fill the yawning gap between what governments are able to provide and what is needed, some corporate institutions and individuals are digging into their pockets to provide the needed help.
The Chief Executive of VSA, Emmanuel Asiedu Sekyere, said the company recognized that government alone cannot shoulder the cost of fighting the pandemic.
“We made the presentation to the Ghana Health Service because as frontliners, we believe they need all the protection they can get. They can’t protect us while they and their families are exposed to fatal risks,” he said.
Mr Asiedu advised Ghanaians to observe religiously, the restrictions and guidance given to prevent further spread of the virus.
“This is a national duty for every Ghanaian. We must act responsibly because that is who we are, a responsible sensitive people determined to save our nation collectively,” he admonished.
He is convinced that procuring the sanitizers from a local manufacturer itself empowers the local business and create an opportunity for growth.
The Director General of the Ghana Health Service, Dr Patrick Kuma-Aboagye, who received the donation, expressed gratitude to VSA for the support. Also present during the donation was the Deputy Director, Dr Anthony Adofo Ofosu.
He echoed Mr Asiedu’s sentiment about the urgent need for all citizens to join the fight against the spread of the virus.
According to data from the GHS, the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in Ghana now stands at 204, with five deaths and 38 recoveries.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
- Saudi Arabia coach Herve Renard resigns
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana has failed to play its foreign policy well – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill