Deputy Minority Whip, Ahmed Ibrahim has said his side will elect former General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia as the National Chairman of the party in the upcoming delegates congress.
Mr Ahmed Ibtahim said the party is strongly behind Asiedu Nketia.
“We are going to elect Asiedu Nketia as the National Chairman. He will come with the old NDC strategy where we go all play all. We are not going to sit in Accra in our offices doing our business, waiting for the flagbearer to come and lose. President Mahama must win 2024. And the person to lead President Mahama to win 2024 is Asiedu Nketia, as the leader of the party,” he said.
The Deputy Minority Whip stirred controversy by alleging that the NPP are campaigning for and financing Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo who is seeking to retain his seat despite fierce opposition from Asiedu Nketia.
Mr Ibrahim stated that the New Patriotic Party is afraid of what an NDC led by ‘General Mosquito’ will do in 2024.
The Minority Whip stated that the Minority Caucus in Parliament are overwhelmingly behind Johnson Asiedu Nketia.
”Out of the 137, Ofosu Ampofo has only 9. They’re 9 and we have their names. They have created a platform and they’re only 9. If out of 137 you have created a platform and you have only 9 MPs on it, it presupposes that you don’t have the numbers here. As at this morning, they collapsed it. Asiedu Nketiah has already won. Out of 137 you have only 9 members. 137 minus 9, look at the numbers that are rooting for Asiedu Nketia,” he added.
Mr. Ibrahim asserted that the grassroots and the NDC MPs “need power” and that anyone who needs power is in support of Asiedu Nketia.
According to him, Johnson Asiedu Nketia has helped the NDC party in winning many seats in various regions compared to the incumbent national chairman of the party.
The National Democratic Congress is set to hold its delegates congress on December 17. The party is seeking to elect a formidable national executive who would lead the party to wrestle power from the NPP in the 2024 general elections.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- US halts Blinken China visit after spy balloon row
- 150 unemployed youth from Tamale enrolls in the Sinapi Aba Youth Apprenticeship Program
- You’re responsible for your personal well-being, take charge – Ariel the Wellness Coach