The president of the Ghana Football Association, Kurt Okraku, bid farewell to the Black Princesses ahead of their pre-tournament camping in France.
Head coach, Ben Fokuo, and his squad left Accra on Wednesday morning for a match against the France National U-20 team on Friday, July 29 as part of their preparations for the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica.
On August 11, the Black Princesses will play the USA in their opening encounter at the Estadio Alejandro Morera, followed by matches against the Netherlands and Japan.
“It’s been many weeks of hard work, waiting and you all dreaming of playing at the highest level of football in your category. Now the waiting is over, it’s time to be very focused for the last leg,” Kurt Okraku said ahead of the team’s departure.
“As you leave Ghana to France to continue the long journey to Costa Rica. I am sure it is a journey each of you have been waiting for.
“From your individual clubs, you were picked to represent the country and now is the moment. We have been on this journey before but we always exit at the group stage. But I believe we have a group of talented players who have the capacity to go and make history.”
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Parliament determines Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- Censure motion: Majority MPs walk out as Minority members cast vote
- American rapper The Game to feature Jay Bahd in new track
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- 1$ now ¢12.80
- ‘People appreciate the way I dress and look all the time’ – Ceccy Twum
- Brittney Griner lands in US after prisoner swap with Russia
- Support government to revive economy – Labour unions urged
- ‘2022 World Cup was a nice experience’ – Baba Rahman
- Vaccination of birds against Avian Influenza remains valuable if done wisely
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- DBJ celebrated as a ‘Living Example’ at 2022 UMB Tertiary Awards
- Achimota School Class of 2002 honour teachers in grand style
- Japan, Britain and Italy to build joint jet fighter
- Majority’s walkout during Ofori-Atta’s censure vote a setback to Ghana’s democracy – Minority
- Anny Osabutey: Of haircuts and baldies