The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo has assured Ghanaians that his government will restore the economy to its thriving form.
The President said the current state of the economy is a temporary one.
Speaking at the NPP National Delegates Conference on Saturday, July 16, 2022, President Akufo-Addo said the New Patriotic Party has a tradition of reviving Ghana’s economy whenever there is a challenge.
“We took Ghana out of HIPC in President Kufuor’s time. We took Ghana out of the derailed IMF programme of 2015, our party was the one that made it possible for us to survive the Covid pandemic with one of the lowest mortality rates of any government of any country anywhere in the world.
“We have done it before and believe me, we are going to do it again. And in so doing, the strong economy that we’re going to build is the economy that is going to provide the platform for our victory in 2024”.
The President assured that his government is negotiating a good deal with the IMF that will serve the best interest of the country.
“I want to assure the people of Ghana that we are going to negotiate a good deal with the IMF. A deal that would allow us to revive our economy and to continue the task of building an even stronger economy than we had before.”
He further assured that, “we will be in a position, not only to negotiate, but implement a good arrangement”.
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Increment in VAT is inappropriate at this time – Ghana Chamber of Commerce CEO
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Current system not effective enough to mobilise more revenue – Gyan-Quansah
- Dr Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe: Whither Ghana’s Parliament
- Renowned conservationist worries over Shai Hills baboon killings by speeding drivers
- We will not support 2.5 % increase in VAT rate – Minority
- Resolve infrastructure deficit in education sector – SEND Ghana urges government
- Christmas starts early at Labadi Beach Hotel
- Prof. Kwesi Yankah: The curse of penalties: Dede Ayew
- 2022 World Cup: Players gave their all – Otto Addo on Black Stars exit
- We expect to reach a Staff-Level Agreement with IMF soon
- Young girls exchanging sex for sanitary pad – Eco-Me Africa
- Playback: NDC outlines modalities ahead of 10th National Delegates Congress
- SEND Ghana requests government to clarify intended increase in LEAP
- We’re shocked Akufo-Addo watched World Cup in Qatar despite economic crisis – Minority
- Carruthers Tetteh: Educating Persons Living with Disabilities in Ghana: Predicaments and Solutions
- Photo lovers in Accra set to spice up the gram at Wondaland this Christmas
- VOICE Ghana charges government to build an inclusive society for PWDs