Banana exporters in Ghana have expressed delight in the recent trade agreement signed between the government of Ghana and the United Kingdom (U.K).
According to them, they prefer the British market because there is high level of awareness by consumers of fair trade and it would be difficult to get consumers in other countries to fully appreciate the value of produce especially banana coming from Ghana.
The Head of Fair Trade-West Africa, Edward Kapire made this statement during an interview with Joy Business while explaining the challenges producers and workers could face should the Interim Ghana-U.K Trade Agreement fail.
Fairtrade Africa West Africa Network is one of four member organisations of Fairtrade Africa, working with producers in Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, and other satellite countries in West Africa.
The region’s activities also cover Cameroun.
They help cocoa, coffee, banana, sheanut, cotton, fresh and dried fruit producers across the region to get better trade terms, access markets and build their capacity in social infrastructure.
- Task force destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money
- Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
- Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
AstraZeneca vaccine has no adverse effect on Ghanaians – GHS
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury: British boxers to meet on 14 August in Saudi Arabia
Retired teacher granted bail for building without permit
CEOs urged to adopt digital technology to build resilient businesses
NSMQ 2021: Kintampo SHS, St Mary’s Boys SHS progress to National Championship
Israel-Gaza conflict: Islamic Jihad leader killed and militant tunnels destroyed in airstrikes, Israeli military says
‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
Power punches I received made me cry despite my victory – Bukom Banku recounts
Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
2 die in car accident, one electrocuted
Head porter jailed 7 years for defiling 12-year-old girl
Man United players affected by protests – Solskjaer
Farmers in Upper East unhappy about increase in prices of government subsidised fertilizers
Executive recruitment for position of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SSCIS and partners to offer fully-funded masters programme to girls in Ghana and Nigeria