The Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) will soon embark on a house to house audit to reduce losses and improve water supply.
The Water and Sanitation Minister, Cecilia Abena Dapaah who announced this at the ‘Meet the Press’ series in Accra said her outfit will ensure that all persons found culpable will face the law.
“I know most Ghanaians are honest but the bad nuts must be exposed. Even the date is a secret one because we don’t want people to look at the schedule; disconnect when we are coming around and connect when we are off.
“It will be a constant sustainable way of making sure we reduce our non-revenue loses with regards to people who do illegal connections and deny other citizens of water,” she said on Monday.
Mrs Dapaah said although the nitty-gritty of the project is yet to be concluded, her outfit together with GWC will ensure the initiative is executed.
“The details will be worked out. We need to do this, we will not be afraid of those who put ‘Beware of Dogs’ on their doors, we will go in there to find out and cross check,” she said.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- ‘ECG has not agreed to any percentages with Hubtel’ – ECG MD
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun