A ranking member on Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Committee has questioned why Ghana’s presidential jet was flown non-stop to France for a flight time of over 6 hours contrary to claims that the aircraft is unable to fly long haul.
According to Samuel Okdzeto Ablakwa, the flight happened days before the visit of President Akufo-Addo to the Netherlands and France.
Government explained that due to safety concerns, the presidential jet is not safe for the President when he is embarking on long journeys. Defense Minister, Dominic Nitiwul also told JoyNews months ago that the jet is due for repairs.
However, speaking on The Pulse with Blessed Sogah on Wednesday, September 7, 2022, the North Tongu Member of Parliament said his information points to the fact that the President travelled on a separate flight to France. But an undefined person used the jet in France, the same location the President was headed for a state visit.
In a post on Facebook, Mr. Okudzeto asked for “urgent and important clarifications on the following”:
1) Who used the presidential jet to France and what is the purpose of the trip?
2) Why did government not pursue judiciousness and frugality by harmonizing both travels to save taxpayer funds, particularly in this period of IMF bailout economic crisis, especially considering that the Presidential Jet flew to the same enclave within the same week of the President’s travel?
3) Will President Akufo-Addo exhibit some modicum of prudence and respect for his pledge to protect the public purse by returning home on the 10th of September, 2022 aboard Ghana’s Presidential Jet or the wastefulness will continue with the apparently needless multiple opaque flight arrangements?
Watch the interview with Blessed Sogah below:
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Cedi to witness mixed performance this week
- Kofi Jamar, Tulenkey set to perform at The Woods Bar & Grill today
- Leading NDC member describes Ofosu Ampofo as unfit to lead the party as Chairman
- Aviation safety awareness: Safety inspectors assure air passengers of safe flights
- Take Ghana’s economic challenges to God – Clergyman urges duty bearers
- Namibia select committee on budget in Ghana to engage parliament
- Kenya ministers to forgo a month’s pay in drought aid
- Namibia edges closer to having first female president
- Africa off course when it comes to HIV goals – UN
- Malawi begins first large-scale malaria vaccination
- ‘Don’t abuse your child out of frustration of current economic woes’
- Far-right killer stabbed in South African prison
- Nigeria police chief sentenced to three months in jail
- Martin A.B.K. Amidu: Games in Parliament – Speaker and Minority’s motion of censure
- Five remanded over unlawful possession of police uniforms, weapons
- Actionaid Ghana raises concern over reduction in kindergarten education budget