Ivorians have had their fair share of Ghanaian fans’ pain as Wizkid, once again, failed to show up for his own concert.
After facing intense criticisms on Saturday, December 11, for missing his Ghana show, Starboy, as he is otherwise known, did not take a cue, but chose to repeat his actions in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
His show was to begin at 6:00pm, but according to several reports, six hours later, there was still no sign of Wizkid.
French media channel, LSI Africa reported that the artiste was “conspicuously absent” from Abidjan, though he posted videos assuring his fans he was en route to the country.
Wizkid, together with King Promise and R2Bees jetted out of Ghana as they were captured laughing and joking while the buzz and controversies were at their peak.
It is unclear why he never showed up in Abidjan despite the multitudes awaiting his arrival and subsequent performance.
However, shortly before midnight, he reportedly touched down in Cotonou for his Benin concert.
Videos in circulation captured him backstage engaging some producers before hopping on stage for his performance.
He managed to hook his fans who were in awe as they rattled his lyrics and took footage of his performance.
King Promise, after making jest of his country took his turn to perform in Cotonou to fans who cheered him on.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group