Former Manager of Hiplife music group, VIP, has disclosed that working with the group was tough.
According to Nana Akua Manfo popularly known as Blakofe who brought the group into the limelight said life managing “five tough guys” wasn’t easy.
“It was tough. They gave me a hard time but I’m a tough woman as well,” she said.
Blakofe started with VIP as their manager.
She recounted meeting the group [then made up of five guys] at a show somewhere in the country where she fell in love with their performance.
According to her she was amazed at their performance and wanted to manage them immediately.
Though she described them as tough, she said working with the group was amazing as well.
“They were unique; five of them. They were very individual but they came together as a solid group,” she said.
“Their attitudes, their flow, the dynamism, everything about them excited me. I was just like ‘these guys have it’,” she further stated.
VIP started in the early stages of hiplife with five members: Friction, Bone, Promzy, Lazzy and Prodigal.
They have been voices behind hit songs like ‘Ahomka wo mu’ among others, however, was hit by a split.
Three members: Friction, Bone and Promzy have exited the group leaving Zeal and Prodigal who were later joined by hiplife Grandpapa Reggie Rockstone to form VVIP.
Blakofe, however, says she has missed the group and wishes she had another opportunity to manage them again.
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Missing ‘okada’ rider found dead in the bush
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
FanMilk launches NutriDay zinc fortified yoghurt
Software developer volunteers to teach youth programming
Libya: Gunmen storm hotel used as Presidential Council HQ
Covid-19: Roll-out for second doses to begin May 19
Over 130 injured as Palestinian worshippers clash with Israeli police at Al-Aqsa mosque
Stephen Bernard Donkor: Politicians must fix their attitudes
Pensioner in BBC Africa Eye film dies without pension
Christ Embassy Church members plead not guilty to breaching restrictions on public gathering
Livestream: Newsfile discusses #FixTheCountry brouhaha; Muslim students not allowed to fast in public Christian school
Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
WHO approves Chinese Covid vaccine
Ghana to become hub of pharmaceutical production in SSA; sales forecast to hit GH¢2.86bn
Young African entrepreneurs to maximize benefits from AfCFTA
Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
Health Directorate initiate moves to improve health care delivery at Ada West