Former Black Stars midfielder, Laryea Kingston, has alleged that Milovan Rajevac dropped him from Ghana’s final squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa because he turned down his request to sign for his agent.
“Milo [Milovan Rajevac] should come out and tell Ghanaians that he wanted me to sign for his agent and I turned it down,” Laryea said in a yet-to-be-televised interview on Joy News’ Prime Take.
During Black Stars camp in France in 2010 ahead of the Mundial in South Africa, Laryea Kingston, deemed one the best players of the senior national team them, dramatically lost out on the final squad for the tournament.
Explanation from officials who were close to the team was that, the Serbian preferred younger players to represent the country in the competition.
But, Laryea claims most of the younger, players, notably Samuel Inkoom, Dominic Adiyiah and many others signed for his agent before they were taken to the tournament.
“Most of the players, especially the younger ones signed for his agent. You can check their background, they signed with Milo’s agent,” he alleged.
According to him, had not been for the coach’s parochial interest, he would have made the squad.
“Looking at the squad that we had, 23 players, there’s no way you can tell me that I could not have made that squad,” he started.
He revealed the drop from the final got him depressed “my wife had to follow me wherever I go.”
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Diana Hamilton settles bills of patients at KATH
- 3 die in motorbike accident at Yaw Bronya, Ashanti Region
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Playback: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand