A recently-constructed police station at Anwomaso-Junction in the Oforikrom Municipality is now serving as a hideout for criminals.
The yet-to-be-commissioned facility which has also become a home for mentally challenged persons has seen its electrical gadgets and louver blades damaged.
The building is also smeared with faecal matter with no end in sight when it will be operational.
The police station’s construction was started in 2017 and completed in 2019.
But the project commissioning has stalled due to litigation over the land where the building is situated.
Some unscrupulous individuals are currently occupying and defacing the edifice.
Municipal Chief Executive, Abraham Kwame Antwi, says they are currently working with the chiefs to resolve the land litigations to pave way for the commissioning.
Delivering his sessional address to the local assembly, Mr Antwi called on the government to help complete the Municipal Assembly block.
According to him, most of the assemblies within Greater Kumasi now have their own Assembly blocks, but the Oforikrom Assemly block remains under construction.
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani