The National Organiser of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) has paid glowing tribute to the late General Manager for Joy Brands at The Multimedia Group, Elvis Koku Kwashie.
According to Sammi Awuku, the seasoned journalist, “gave real meaning to independent, credible and fearless journalism even in the face of extreme disagreement with us as political activists.”
He also noted that Mr Kwashie made the profession of journalism very interesting.
In view of that, his loss will be a strong blow to the media fraternity.
Mr Awuku’s only regret was not being able to meet his “friend” before he passed away.
“You will occasionally call and ask when our famous meeting was going to take place. Sadly it never did.
“Life is too short to make excuses,” he read.
Elvis Kwashie passed in the late hours of Tuesday, December 28, after a short illness at the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC).
The National Lotter Authority (NLA) Boss subsequently commiserated with the family of the late Manager.
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback