The National Organiser of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) has paid glowing tribute to the late General Manager for Joy Brands at The Multimedia Group, Elvis Koku Kwashie.
According to Sammi Awuku, the seasoned journalist, “gave real meaning to independent, credible and fearless journalism even in the face of extreme disagreement with us as political activists.”
He also noted that Mr Kwashie made the profession of journalism very interesting.
In view of that, his loss will be a strong blow to the media fraternity.
Mr Awuku’s only regret was not being able to meet his “friend” before he passed away.
“You will occasionally call and ask when our famous meeting was going to take place. Sadly it never did.
“Life is too short to make excuses,” he read.
Elvis Kwashie passed in the late hours of Tuesday, December 28, after a short illness at the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC).
The National Lotter Authority (NLA) Boss subsequently commiserated with the family of the late Manager.
- NDC’s Joshua Akamba spotted with weapon at Arise Ghana demo
- Man picked up at Arise Ghana demo for possessing firearm
- Photos: Day 2 of Arise Ghana demonstration underway
- Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
- Swearing in of newly-elected GJA president blocked as journalist files injunction
- I criticised Mahama and slept soundly – Prof Aning
- UDS graduate ventures into mobile car washing business after years of job dissatisfaction
- Shatta Wale fined ¢2k after pleading guilty to publication of false news
- Shatta Wale pleads guilty to publication of false news
- Barker-Vormawor trial: Court orders AG to provide security report on alleged treasonable activities
Asante Kotoko in talks with Fabio Gama over contract extension
SSNIT is the best scheme you can ever get – Workers told
Workers should be able to afford a house when going on retirement – GNAT General Secretary
Tottenham agrees £60m deal to sign Everton forward Richarlison
Announcement of new utility tariffs moved to July 15 – PURC
‘I am not a scout, I am a coach’ – Otto Addo clarifies Dortmund role
‘All is set for Appiatse community reconstruction to begin’ – Lands Minister
We’re not diverting Appiatse reconstruction fund to National Cathedral – Jinapor
SSNIT to roll out programmes to boost pension contribution
‘Samuel Boadu is one of the best in Africa’ – Goalkeeper Richmond Ayi
Tampico partner Chopbox Online to offer breakfast to over 3,000 SHS students
TUC heightens demand for Cost of Living Allowance
Danny Jordaan re-elected as South Africa FA boss
LPG consumption to fall 20% by December 2022 – LPG Marketers Association
Players need a good environment to adapt – Mas-Ud Didi Dramani on player transition