An accident involving a military truck at Zebilla, near the Custom Barrier in the Bawku West District of the Upper East Region has caused the death of one person. Three others are injured.
The truck, traveling from Bolga to Bawku rammed into shops and containers along the stretch.
Eyewitnesses told Adom News that the truck hit a pothole, causing the driver to lose control and veer off the road.
A motor rider, who was riding in front of the military truck, was hit from behind, killing him instantly. Three military men were injured in the process.
Some vendors rushed for safety after the truck rammed into their shops before screeching to a halt.
Motorbikes parked along the road were also destroyed.
The incident caused a massive gridlock, but the Zebilla District Police Command, NADMO and the soldiers arrived at the scene to control the traffic.
Meanwhile, residents of Zebilla are appealing to the contractor, Quiroz Galvao, working on the Bolga- Pulmakom road to immediately fix speed ramps in the township to prevent similar accidents.
- Kofi Adoma assaulted by unknown men at Old Ashongman
- Commonwealth Games: Joseph Paul Amoah wins bronze in men’s 200m event
- Fire outbreak in Kronum community in Ashanti, 1 trapped
- Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah Hall clash: Persons found culpable will be sanctioned – UG Management
- Joseph Commey misses out on Commonwealth Games boxing gold after falling sick on fight eve
- Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah clash: Police deployed to UG campus
- Commonwealth Games: Sports Minister asks for report on Ghana’s disqualification from men’s 4x100m
- 18-year-old dies in Kronum fire while attempting to salvage father’s property
- Akufo-Addo commissions North East RCC Administration block
- Getting rid of defaulting political parties by EC is in the right direction – CDD-Ghana
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund tempering great expectations after holding off Bayer Leverkusen
5 SMEs begin business development training at Recycle Up! Ghana
Kronum-Afrancho fire: 18-year-old SHS student burnt to death
Ghanaians must apologize to Moesha Buduong – Efe Keyz
Parties at loggerheads must not be compelled to engage in ADR mediation – Martin Nwosu
Asogli State ushers in 2022 Te Za with hiking on Adaklu Mountain
‘Your footprints will remain indelible in North East’ – Nayiri applauds Akufo-Addo
Insurance Industry to launch 2022 nation-wide blood donation campaign on Aug 9
Women should be advocates for Alternative Disputes Resolution – Dr. Korang
MyHelp-YourHelp Foundation organises free health screening at Ashiaman
Akufo-Addo commissions North East YEA multipurpose office
University of Ghana set to hold public discussion on academic freedom
‘Breaking the 8’ is possible but requires unity, peace among all party members – Dr Adutwum
Ghana finish 7th as Nigeria storm to 4x100m gold in Commonwealth Games women’s relay
18-year-old dies in Kronum fire while attempting to salvage father’s property