Audio By Carbonatix
Actor and comedian Funny Face has expressed gratitude to God that none of the victims of the recent road accident he was involved in lost their lives.
According to the actor, he would have been unable to live with himself if any of the individuals lost their lives as a result of his actions.
Speaking in an interview with Kofi TV, a tearful Funny Face said he met the father of the two young children who were hit by his car alongside their grandmother in court.
The actor said he immediately broke down in tears upon realising he had endangered the lives of someone else's children.
He recalled attempting to avoid a collision with a motorcyclist who suddenly crossed his path, and inadvertently hitting five people in the process.
Funny Face noted that despite his desire to explain himself, he feels speechless in the face of the consequences of his actions, explaining that at the time of the incident, he attempted to walk to the other side of the road and face the same fate as the victims as fears of killing someone overwhelmed him.
The comedian said he has learnt his lessons and takes full responsibility for his actions. He stated that he would visit all the victims.
Additionally, Funny Face said he is bearing the cost of their medicals and urged the general public to support him.
The comedian who broke down in tears said he understands if people might no longer be on his side and pleaded for the public’s forgiveness.
On the evening of Sunday, March 24, Funny Face was involved in an accident at Kakraba, Kasoa in the Central Region.
He hit five people with his car, including a grandmother a two children. One of the victims, at the time, fell into a coma while the others received treatment at the Winneba Trauma Centre.
- Funny Face involved in gory car accident
- Funny Face accident: One victim in a coma, others responding to treatment
Funny Face was put before court, on Tuesday, March 26, on charges of drunk driving and careless driving. The actor and comedian spent two weeks in police custody prior to being granted bail.
On Tuesday, April 9, Funny Face was granted bail in the amount of GH¢120,000 by a District Court at Kasoa.
JoyNews’ legal affairs correspondent, Richard Kojo Nyarko reported that the case which was heard on Tuesday, April 9, saw the prosecution give an update on the health status of the victims.
According to the prosecution, four of the victims have been discharged from the hospital. However, one who was said to be in a critical condition at the time of the accident is also recuperating.
Latest Stories
-
Dr Abena Nyarkoa to join panel discussion at Africa Together Conference in Cambridge
4 hours -
Walmart warns US shoppers are cutting spending as higher petrol prices bite
4 hours -
Flexible exchange rate regime critical in absorbing external shocks – First Deputy Governor
5 hours -
Toilets and changing rooms must be used on basis of biological sex, guidance confirms
5 hours -
Emily in Paris to end after sixth season, says Netflix
5 hours -
Angry crowd sets Ebola hospital tents on fire in DR Congo
5 hours -
Russia and China condemn US over indictment of former Cuban leader
5 hours -
Bank of Ghana reverts to previous Cash Reserve Ratio policy after scrapping it last year
5 hours -
Ghana-eligible defender Beres Owusu signs permanent deal with Grazer AK
5 hours -
A Super El Niño is coming: What does it mean for Ghana?
6 hours -
Driving Schools Association pushes for mandatory driver training to reduce road crashes
6 hours -
Climate change exists with or without humans — Youth advocate
6 hours -
Plastic waste driving flooding and climate concerns in Bamaahu — Youth Climate Reporter
6 hours -
This week on The Career Trail
7 hours -
My book was born out of university research – Mary Anane Awuku
7 hours