Hearts of Oak are set to appoint 46-year old Kenichi Yatsuhashi as coach. The Japanese is relatively unknown on the continent and his appointment still comes as a surprise to many.
Who is this Japanese American and what do we know about him?
1. Yatsuhashi played football professionally for a Division II team in Brazil.
2. Kenichi was born in the United States of America.
3. He has been residing in Brooklyn, New York but spends some time in Japan for holidays.
4. Kenichi was the head coach of male and female ASA college (equivalent to university in the country) football team for a period of five years.
5. Yatsuhashi speaks two main languages – English and Japanese.
6. Yatsuhashi is active on social media and has been actively updating his Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
7. Kenichi is a renowned youth coach in the States and his coaching stints have mostly been with junior sides.
8. He has certificates in grassroots soccer as well as goalkeeping certificates.
9. He will be the seventh foreign coach for Hearts of Oak in the 21st century. Other foreign names to have taken the role are German Ernst Middendorp and Sanzio Bahner, Serbs Kosta Papic, Nebjosa Vuvucevic, Bulgarian Mitko Kostadinov Dobrev and Isreali Eyal Lachman.
10. Kenichi will be the first Asian to take charge of Accra Hearts of Oak in their 104 years of existence.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
Sompahemaa Foundation donates items worth ₵50k to artisans in Suame
CDD Ghana conducts School Performance Appraisal Meetings in Kadjebi improve quality of teaching and learning
Nyantakyi never interfered in player call-ups; leave Akonnor alone – George Afriyie tells Kurt Okraku
3 brothers, 3 Olympic berths and 9 medals – Story of the Samir family
National Best Farmer calls for introduction of agricultural ambassadors
‘We’ll invoke Alien Compliance Order to free our nation from aliens’ – Angry judge cautions Fulani man
Nana Adwoa Baafi: Navigating obstacles around progressive portrayal of women in arts
Sad state of Ghana’s only Abedi Pele monument
Over 600 persons to undergo eye surgery at Keta Municipality
Margins Group CEO shares top 10 principles
India hospital fire kills 13 amid Covid oxygen crisis
Algerian scholar gets 3 years in jail for ‘offending Islam’
Chad set for Idriss Deby’s funeral as leaders arrive
65-year-old woman escapes death as house is set ablaze over ‘witchcraft’ accusations
Election 2020: NDC pink sheets digitised