The Sofoase Yefri royal family of Wenchi in the Bono Region has rejected recent claims by Ahenfie Yefri royal family that Sofoase Yefri is not a royal family in Wenchi.
The Spokesperson of the Sofoase Yefri royal family, Nana Kusi Apea Junior, further refuted allegations that the family of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) is interfering in the Wenchi stool affairs.
A suggestion the family describes as untrue and calculated at creating disaffection between the government and the people of Wenchi.
Nana Kusi Apea Junior who addressed a news conference in the Bono regional town of Wenchi stated the Sofaose Yefri royal family is disappointed in recent utterances by the Ahenfie Yefri royal concerning the Wenchi stool.
‘‘Two weeks ago, some members of the Ahenfie Royal family held a press conference here in Wenchi and stated that Sofoase Yefri family members are not royals, suggested that the NPP government was interfering in the Wenchi Stool affairs and further made some disrespectful comments regarding Nana Owusu Nsiah and the National House of Chiefs.
We invited you to witness our utter disappointment with recent developments in the Wenchi Stool affairs and set the record straight,’’ Nana Kusi Apea stated.
He added although the Ahenfie Yefri family is one of the seven clans of the Wenchi royal stool, Sofoase Yefri royal family is the blood royals of Wenchi hence the claims by Afenfie Yefri smacks of dishonesty.
The spokesperson of the Sofoase Yefri royal family further debunked allegations that they were preparing to forcibly install a rivalry paramount chief of Wenchi.
He said Wenchi has witnessed protracted litigation because, for the past forty years, four paramount chiefs of Wenchi were enstooled from Ahenfie, one after the other without following the age-long customs of Wenchi.
The spokesperson of the Sofoase Yefri family stressed that ‘‘we desire to avoid litigation, but first, we must ensure that the right thing is done.
We, therefore, join the Nkwaduano Royal family in demanding that the purported enstoolment of Nana Abrefa Damoah be declared invalid’’.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- UBA Ghana equips SMEs to maximise business growth
- UPSA Law School Diplomatic Dialogue Series comes off on Nov. 30
- Africa needs new strategic framework for industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- Ghanaian plastic surgeon awarded US President’s Volunteer Service Award
- 2022 World Cup: Black Stars enjoy morning walk ahead of South Korea clash
- YEA partners with Prisons Service to recruit 2000 personnel as Prison Office Assistants
- Teachers and students at Sandema embrace STEM Bootcamp
- Ghana’s domestic debt restructuring options: debt ‘haircut’, debt reprofiling or combination of both
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children
- Huawei signs global ITU pledge to connect 120 million people in remote areas to digital world
- Leo Ackon: A Christian perspective on Ghana’s current economic situation
- High Court to give judgement on Ato Essien, 2 others on December 1, 2022
- Crises of inequality – Eradicating injustice to ensure more inclusive, sustainable economy
- Behind the voice: An interview with TikTok’s text-to-speech actress
- Let’s work to maintain Ghana’s peace and security – Akufo-Addo