The 2022/23 betPawa Ghana Premier League penultimate round of games were played across the various match centres over the weekend ahead of the break for the 2022 World Cup.
Accra Lions claimed a fifth straight victory at Bechem United to seize top spot while Asante Kotoko condemned Medeama SC to a fourth straight defeat.
Here’s a wrap of the action from the round six games.
King Faisal 2-1 Kotoku Royals
Goals from Samuel Adom Antwi and Abednego Tetteh in either half gave the In Sha Allah lads their first points of the campaign at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium on Friday.
Emmanuel Marfo scored the consolation for the visitors towards the end of the game, as the Oda-based side endure a third straight loss.
Legon Cities 2-0 Great Olympics
Michel Otou’s effort from the spot three minutes to the end of the first half and Mohammed Suleman’s goal at the hour-mark means the Dade boys incurred a first defeat of the season.
Tamale City 2-2 Berekum Chelsea
Afriyie Mezack’s stoppage time leveller secured a point for the Bibires at the Aliu Mahama Sports Stadium in Tamale in the third Friday game.
Burkinabe Quattara Kalo opened the scoring for the visitors 17 minutes in before Raphael Essien pulled parity for the hosts at the half-hour mark. Isaac Mensah scored the second for City in the 55th minute.
Medeama SC 0-1 Asante Kotoko
Nicholas Mensah scored a great solo goal to win it for Seydou Zerbo’s Porcupine Warriors at the Akoon Park in Tarkwa in the only game played on Saturday.
The defeat means the Mauve and Yellows have lost four games on the bounce after winning their opening two games.
Asante Kotoko are now second on the league log with 13 points from six games.
Bechem United 0-1 Accra Lions
Since losing to Kotoku Royals in the opening week, Accra Lions have won five straight league games conceding just once, Sunday’s victory at the Nana Fosu Gyeabour Park the latest.
Frederick Asante’s strike in 44 minutes means a rare home defeat for the Hunters in as many games.
The win sends Lions top of the league with 15 points, two ahead of second-placed Asante Kotoko.
Real Tamale United (RTU) 1-0 Aduana FC
Stephen Badu’s 14th-minute strike was enough to see the Fire boys lose for the first time this season and give up the top spot to Accra Lions.
It is now back-to-back wins for RTU who had not won a game this season prior.
Nsoatreman 2-1 Dreams FC
Samartex 0-3 Bibiani GoldStars
Hearts of Oak 0-0 Karela United
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Managers of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall arrested for tax violations
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Roads Minister promises to fix deteriorating portion of Mampong-Ejura highway
- Philanthropist provides 6-Unit classroom block to Lente-Wute Community Basic School
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- DWP USA was created to bring all cultures together
- School placement for BECE graduates to be released in February – Ministry of Education
- Gold for Oil deal lacks transparency; it must go before Parliament – Mahama
- School placement system must be overhauled – Dr Peter Anti
- Deborah Acquah qualifies for 2023 World Athletics Championships
- Pay Toure over GHC 100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- Gold for Oil deal: First consignment not enough for market – Research Analyst
- Police nab 4 over alleged robbery at Wassa Agona
- Stop National Cathedral project, cut-down government expenditure and leave our money alone -Nurses to government
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- NTDs in Ghana; Let’s act now, let’s act together, let’s invest in the fight!
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister