Audio By Carbonatix
The Minister for Youth Development and Empowerment, George Opare Addo, has confirmed that registration for the 2025/2026 National Service Scheme (NSS) has been temporarily suspended following the shutdown of the Centralised Management System (CMS).
Speaking at the Government Accountability Series held at the Jubilee House on Monday, 4 August, the Minister explained that the suspension of the CMS was necessary to pave way for a comprehensive forensic audit of the platform.
“As you recall, the Ministry announced the suspension of the CMS used for postings by the National Service Authority,” he said. “This action followed a directive from the presidency, ordering the system to be taken offline for a full audit by the Ghana Audit Service.”
According to the Minister, the decision was taken after it was discovered that the CMS had been used to commit large-scale financial fraud, commonly referred to as the "ghost name scandal."
Investigations by national security are currently ongoing, and the Attorney-General’s office is reviewing the case docket for further legal action.
The shutdown has directly affected the registration and payment process for the upcoming service year.
“Pincodes have already been generated for prospective service personnel, and class lists have been submitted by all accredited tertiary institutions. However, the registration and payment process is currently paused due to the CMS shutdown,” Mr Opare Addo said.
Approximately 130,000 graduates from accredited tertiary institutions are expected to be deployed under the 2025/2026 NSS, providing temporary skilled support to public and private sector organisations across the country.
The Minister reassured the public that steps are being taken to restore the process with a new, more secure system.
“Plans are underway to deploy a new comprehensive system that will meet all technical specifications and ensure the integrity of the process moving forward,” he noted.
The Government Accountability Series provides a platform for sector ministers to present mid-year updates and preliminary assessments of the government’s performance, as part of efforts to promote transparency and accountability.
Latest Stories
-
Fact-based response to misleading narratives on JG Resources Ltd’s gold trade dispute
5 minutes -
Hindsight: Garbage in, garbage out
25 minutes -
Gender Ministry condemns alleged digital sexual exploitation by foreign national, vows legal action
43 minutes -
‘We realised the mess left behind’ – Asiedu Nketia blames Akufo-Addo gov’t for cocoa crisis
53 minutes -
Suspect in Zebilla police robbery and murder arrested
56 minutes -
‘I am safe and recovering well’ – Mohammed Sukparu reassures public after accident
1 hour -
Bawumia thanks liaisons nationwide
1 hour -
Africa must industrialise through green transition – AGN Chair
1 hour -
Ghana’s economy still vulnerable to commodity swings and global tightening – PwC warns
1 hour -
GCAA asked to prioritise airspace safety
1 hour -
CPC welcomes 50% local cocoa processing directive
1 hour -
AU Summit: Mahama, UN Chief discuss African security
1 hour -
DOPASS students eat in an open shed
1 hour -
NPA raises price floor for Feb. 16 window; petrol up to GH¢10.24, diesel pegged at GH¢11.34
2 hours -
Police foil massive narcotics smuggling, reject GH¢80k bribe, seven arrested
2 hours
