Audio By Carbonatix
Two men who allege they were sexually abused as children by Michael Jackson can revive a lawsuit against his companies, judges at a US court ruled.
Wade Robson and James Safechuck, both in their 40s, claim Jackson abused them for years while they were boys.
They can now pursue previously blocked lawsuits against the singer's companies. They say these companies had a responsibility to protect them.
Lawyers for Jackson, who died in 2009, maintain his innocence.

Mr Robson and Mr Safechuck claim they were abused by Jackson in the late 1980s and early 1990s while staying at his Neverland ranch.
The accusations featured in the 2019 documentary Leaving Neverland, which Jackson's family described as a "public lynching".
In 2020, a Los Angeles judge ruled Mr Safechuck could not sue Jackson's businesses, saying the companies didn't have a duty of care to him.
A year later, the same judge ruled against Mr Robson on similar grounds.
But on Friday, an appeals court in California disagreed, ruling that "a corporation that facilitates the sexual abuse of children by one of its employees is not excused from an affirmative duty to protect those children merely because it is solely owned by the perpetrator of the abuse".

"It would be perverse to find no duty based on the corporate defendant having only one shareholder," the court judgement said. "And so we reverse the judgments entered for the corporations."
Vince Finaldi, a lawyer for Mr Safechuck and Mr Robson, said that the court had overturned previous "incorrect rulings in these cases, which were against California law and would have set a dangerous precedent that endangered children".
Jonathan Steinsapir, a lawyer for Jackson's estate, said he was "fully confident" Jackson was innocent, saying the allegations were "contrary to all credible evidence and independent corroboration".
Latest Stories
-
Türkiye’s exports to Africa rise 12.6% to $13.3bn in seven months
6 minutes -
Togo detains two French journalists and their Togolese fixer
15 minutes -
Today’s Front pages: Thursday, August 20, 2026
26 minutes -
GIPA, GUTA outline roadmap to protect informal retail space for Ghanaians
41 minutes -
GIPA invites investors to maiden ‘Invest Ghana Summit’
47 minutes -
The Algorithmic Gavel: Analysing automated customs valuation, ICUMS and the rule of law in international trade
1 hour -
GRIDCo identifies Akosombo–Volta line fault as cause of widespread power outage
2 hours -
Dodowa-Afienya-Dawhenya road project to be completed by December – Contractor
2 hours -
Galamsey fight must go beyond empty slogans; it requires conscious effort – Methodist Church
3 hours -
GoldBod, BoG should share cost of domestic gold programme – Dr Sarkodie
3 hours -
DGPP losses could leave taxpayers to recapitalise BoG – Prof Bokpin
3 hours -
GAUA suspends strike ahead of August 25 meeting with Fair Wages
3 hours -
Big Push road projects targeted for completion by end of 2027 – Suhuyini
3 hours -
Early morning blackout disrupts power supply across several regions
3 hours -
Youth Ministry to publish programme data online to boost transparency
3 hours