It’s been over two months since most of the sports competitions in the world were suspended indefinitely due to the COVID-19.
Popular leagues such as the Eredivisie and Ligue 1 decided to void the season whilst others such as the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga are deliberating on how the season can be ended.
So far, progress has been made as Bundesliga is set to return this weekend.
The news of sports gradually returning is good news to Adolf, who is a cashier and a frequent sports bettor.
Before the pandemic, the young cashier woke up every morning with hope as he worked out his odds on football and basketball matches for the day.
In an interview with Joy Sports’ Owuraku Ampofo, he recounts his experience as a sports bettor, during the period without sports, and also looks forward to the different strategies he will be adopting when the games resume.
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Affail Money apologies for alleging Caleb Kudah breached code of ethics
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Coach Paa Kwesi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Full text: Affail Monney’s apology statement over attack on Citi FM journalists
Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
First phase of US-supported Covid-19 critical case management training in Ghana ends
Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
Motor rider crashed to death on the Prosohene Nkwanta to Bonsu-Nkwanta road
Tanitoluwa Adewumi, 10, goes from homeless to national chess master
Ghanaian-German Centre launches podcast on migration and employment
Martin Bashir quits BBC ‘to focus on his health’
Buhari’s son-in-law, 2 others wanted for alleged $65m fraud
NMC Chairman’s position on Kasoa ritual killing
Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
Jaden Smith to open restaurant where homeless people can eat for free
Information Minister calls for thorough investigations into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists
Mother of 8-year-old boy without feet calls for support
ADB denies shifting from core business to real estate
CSIR to revive Scientific Instrumentation to take care of faulty equipment