It’s been over two months since most of the sports competitions in the world were suspended indefinitely due to the COVID-19.
Popular leagues such as the Eredivisie and Ligue 1 decided to void the season whilst others such as the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga are deliberating on how the season can be ended.
So far, progress has been made as Bundesliga is set to return this weekend.
The news of sports gradually returning is good news to Adolf, who is a cashier and a frequent sports bettor.
Before the pandemic, the young cashier woke up every morning with hope as he worked out his odds on football and basketball matches for the day.
In an interview with Joy Sports’ Owuraku Ampofo, he recounts his experience as a sports bettor, during the period without sports, and also looks forward to the different strategies he will be adopting when the games resume.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Reports that banks are facing insolvency risk over DDE malicious – Ghana Association of Banks
- Re: Banks facing insolvency risks on debt exchange programme
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Free SHS: Holistic approach to teaching and learning needed to sustain quality
- US commits $100m to help combat terrorism in coastal West Africa
- Ghana’s IMF programme: Paris Club, China, other creditors agree to form OCC
- Meet Jon Boafo, Ghana’s first international rower: A story of perseverance and dedication
- Economic activity contracts but consumer confidence improves – BoG