Nollywood actor Gideon Okeke has confirmed that his marriage of less than four years to Chidera Uduezue has ended.
The couple had a beautiful white wedding ceremony on April 21, 2019, after their traditional wedding in December 2018 in Abagana, Anambra State. They have two sons.
The actor found fame after he contested in the first edition of Big Brother Nigeria in 2006 and for his role in the acclaimed Nigerian drama series, Tinsel. His wife, on the other hand, is a talent scout and founder of Catch 22 Model agency.
The controversial actor broke the news on his Instagram amidst separation rumours that trailed them for over a year.
Breaking the news, he wrote “You wouldn’t believe it if I told you that I’m separated from My marriage, right? No, you wouldn’t…so grab a seat. It is in the interest of clarity and a clear conscience that this becomes imperative. But yea… Breakfast reach me too. Las Las.(sic)”
“It’s been a hard hot pill I’ve had to swallow, boy. It sure humbles one. This PSA wouldn’t be so important (to Me), but for the trap that I find FAME to be sometimes gagged,” Gideon Okeke noted.
He urged his fans to keep him and his ex-wife in their prayers.
“But as you look to the future, pray for my boys. They are such lovely boys. Please, put us all In your prayers…no pity party. They need mum and dad to be sane, sound and robust for fulfilling their best interests, and we are working towards it. Hard!
The 39-year-old actor also sought closure and asked friends and family to respect his privacy.
“I thank GOD. And I Thank You for rooting for Us—one Life…many stories. Please don’t call, don’t text, as we work our way to final dissolution. These processes take a toll on one, as you may know. God bless you all.” He wrote.
In August, rumours of the couple’s plan to dissolve their four-year marriage due to irreconcilable disagreements were rife.
For some time now, there have been rumours that the pair are no more together.
Several stories claim that Okeke and Chidera haven’t had a very close connection.
However, they attended their son’s school birthday party in July together. It was their first public outing in months.
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- Policy rate increases to 28%; cost of loans to surge
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Swansea fans clamor for Andre Ayew return
- Pay Toure over ¢100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- Minority Caucus meeting over removal of Minority leadership postponed for the second time
- $5.4bn in Covid aid may have gone to firms using suspect Social Security numbers
- 84% of countries to have lower inflation in 2023 – IMF
- Knowing when to quit is an important part of being a good leader
- Non-science students to be allowed to study desired science courses at the University – Education Minister
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Advisory for travellers entering the UK on February 1 amid strike action
- UK only major economy to shrink in 2023 – IMF
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 73rd again, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Phoebe Dynevor reveals she will not be in Season 3 of ‘Bridgerton’
- Children as young as 9 years exposed to pornography – Study
- Startup CrownCity Technologies now lSO/IEC 27001:2013 and PCI DSS Version 3.2.1 certified
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Mammoth crowd welcome Alan Kyeremanten to Kumasi