Audio By Carbonatix
Milovan Rajevac will not bring in new names into the Black Stars team should both Mohammed Kudus and Felix Afena-Gyan not make the squad for the Africa Cup of Nations, Joy Sports understands.
The Black Stars head coach, earlier this month named his provisional 30-man squad for next month's tournament as they start their preparations for the AFCON.
Rajevac's provisional squad included Kudus, who is currently on the treatment table having come off in Ghana's final group game for the 2022 World Cup qualifier against South Africa last month.
The versatile midfielder was initially ruled out for the rest of the year by Ajax head coach, Erik ten Hag following his return to the Netherlands after the game.
AS Roma's Afena-Gyan was also included in the squad, having turned down a call-up prior to the games in the last international break.
Following the squad announcement, Ajax has already said it is unlikely Kudus will be able to join the national team as he is yet to recover from his injury.
Afena-Gyan is also reported to be keen on staying at his club to continue his development under Jose Mourinho, who has given the youngster continuous opportunities since his debut back in October.
Considering the widespread reports from the camps of both players, Joy Sports understands Kudus or Afena-Gyan fail to turn up for the final preparations, Rajevac will not name a replacement in the squad as he is said to be happy with the options at his disposal.
The tournament will kick off in Cameroon on January 9, 2022, with the final being played on February 6.
Latest Stories
-
GoldBod cannot hide behind agency role to escape accountability – Afenyo-Markin
6 minutes -
‘You don’t get to keep the fees and disown the costs’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges GoldBod
11 minutes -
GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment
21 minutes -
Minority will speak boldly on GoldBod losses despite attacks – Afenyo-Markin vows
25 minutes -
Moody’s upgrades EBID rating to B1, citing stronger finances and shareholder support
35 minutes -
GoldBod cannot make losses trading gold – Afenyo-Markin
42 minutes -
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
52 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
59 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
1 hour -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
2 hours -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
2 hours -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
2 hours -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
2 hours -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
2 hours -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
2 hours