The leader of the Heaven Way Church, Patricia Asiedua, popularly known as ‘Nana Agradaa’, on Thursday expressed great faith in God as she made her way out of court following criminal charges levelled against her by the State.
Exiting the court under police escort, the controversial preacher burst into a Twi chorus to express her trust in God to deliver her from her woes.
“Nkunimdi wↄ hↄ ma wↄn a wↄtwƐn Kristo…”, to wit, there is victory for those who wait upon Jesus Christ, she sang as the Police led her away in front of a teeming crowd.
Some supporters who came to show solidarity with her joined her to sing as she waved a scarf and walked into a waiting Police vehicle.
Nana Agradaa is currently facing trial for charlatanic advertisement and six counts of defrauding by false pretence.
At the hearing on Thursday morning, her lawyers entered an application for bail but it was declined and ordered that trial would continue on Monday, 17th October, 2022.
‘Nana Agradaa’ was arrested earlier this week, following allegations of a money doubling scam levelled against her by some of her church members.
On Saturday, October 8, social media was awash with videos of aggrieved church members of ‘Nana Agradaa’, accusing their leader of swindling them.
In a spree of comments monitored by JoyNews, the alleged betrayed congregants said they took her for her words and gave out various sums of money with the hopes of receiving multiple folds as she had promised.
Some of the victims of the supposed scam said they travelled from long distances to meet Nana Agradaa to collect their money after her promises failed.
Their complaints subsequently reached the Police, leading to her arrest.
Meanwhile, scores of social media users have criticised the affected church members for being too gullible and vulnerable.
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- Ghana’s economy to rebound in 2024 – IMF
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Presidency spent GH¢15m on car tyres and batteries between Jan and Sept. 2022 – Ablakwa
- Some public basic schools turning pupils away due to lack of infrastructure – Educationist
- Morocco-Spain: King Mohammed VI and Pedro Sánchez hold telephone conversation
- COVID-19 Funds Misappropriation: “Heads must roll” – SEND Ghana
- COVID-19 Audit Report: Disregard for laid down procedures disturbing – Benjamin Quashie
- A father ‘gone too soon’: Tyre Nichols funeral held in Memphis
- Those in charge of education do not believe in the basic education system – Rev. Isaac Owusu
- School Placement Corruption: Abolish “protocol list” system – GII
- Pope Francis in DR Congo: A million celebrate Kinshasa Mass
- Schools in 6 regions yet to receive any textbooks – Education advocate
- What warranted the payment of Covid risk allowances to staff of Ministry of Information? – Sammy Gyamfi asks
- UniMAC-GIJ to hold 4th inter-faculty lecture
- Playback: PM Express discuss how to fix our schools of shame
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- Over 65 African researchers have received more than $1.5m for NTD research
- Joy Clean Ghana Campaign: AMA environmental health officers attacked by traders at Agbogbloshie