President Nana Akufo-Addo will address the 77th session of the United Nations General Assembly today, September 21, at 2045 hours.
He will participate in the General Debate of the Assembly in his capacity as the President of Ghana.
This was announced in a twitter post on Wednesday afternoon.
The General Debate of the 77th session of the UN General Assembly started on Tuesday, September 20 on the theme, ‘A watershed moment: Transformative solutions to interlocking challenges.’
It is expected to end on Monday, September 26.
Among other thematic issues, the UNGA77 look at the war in Ukraine, the soaring energy and food prices, climate action and the Covid-19.
The Debate will also provide member states the opportunity to raise issues pertaining to priorities that are of national, regional and global nature.
About 157 heads of state and government representatives are expected to deliver speeches.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Arrest all 3 men – Sonnie Badu tells police after man flogging toddler goes viral
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- ICU-Ghana demands immediate cessation of incessant exploitation of labour
- Fistfight breaks out over control of Kenya parliament
- Today’s front pages: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- ‘ECG has not agreed to any percentages with Hubtel’ – ECG MD
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges