President Nana Akufo-Addo has congratulated Prempeh College on winning the 2017 National Science and Maths Quiz competition.
In an Instagram post Friday, the President said the now four-time champions were always favourites to win the trophy contested by 135 senior high schools across the country.
Prempeh College survived a late scare from St. Thomas Aquinas SHS to reclaim a trophy they lost to Adisadel College in 2016.
Adisadel College the defending champions were once again in the 2017 finals with Prempeh College and Aquinas.
But they settled for a third place after trailing the two schools in all five rounds.
This year's competition was severely hyped on social media where bragging rights were at stake among several rival schools.
The president appears to have been caught up in the excitement of the competition organised by Primetime Company Ltd.
He wished the other schools that competed for the coveted trophy better luck next time.
Former President John Agyekum Kufuor, Ghana's first President to have come from the governing New Patriotic Party is an old student of Prempeh College.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- US-based Oakley signs agreement with Benjamin Azamati
- 16 suspects arrested over shooting incident at Asaman Tamfoe
- Ivory Coast raises cocoa farmgate price by 9% for 2022/2023 harvest
- Pact with Rabat is in force and being implemented – Head of Spanish Diplomacy
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- MultiChoice teams up with BetKing to launch SuperPicks for new football season
- Ed Sheeran must face copyright trial over Thinking Out Loud, judge rules