The National Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Samuel Ofosu Ampofo says Ghanaians will vote out President Akufo-Addo just as the Americans rejected Donald Trump.
“You see what the American has done to Donald Trump, Nana Akufo-Addo will also be a one-time president,” he said.
Speaking at a campaign rally in Suhum as part of John Mahama’s tour of the Eastern Region, the NDC chairman said the president’s performance since he took office has been nothing to write home about.
“And we thank God that we are left with just four months to bid him goodbye”.
According to him, even though the Akufo-Addo government declared the year 2020 as the year of roads, the agenda is not visible to Ghanaians in the Eastern Region.
“We have been to every part of the Eastern Region and we cannot see where the year of the road is, the roads are in deplorable states,” he said.
The president, according to him has been selective in accomplishing his year of roads promise, stating that the road to his home town, in particular, is deliberately rejected.
“So my brothers from the GPRTU and concern drivers, I think the only good road is in Kyebi because I am from Kyebi Asikem, and Nana Akufo-Addo has constructed the road to Tano, leaving out that of my home town, so for us in the Eastern Region, we have not witnessed his year of road,” he said.
Samuel Ofosu Ampofo who is hopeful that John Mahama will be elected for a second term, said, “You saw the wondrous of President John Mahama and the roads he constructed … alleging that “Nana Akufo-Addo’s sod-cutting are all 419 sod-cutting”.
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- Cocoa farmers threaten to ‘smuggle’ product to Ivory Coast if producing price is not increased
- ‘Impugning the motives of Judges is actually undermining integrity of Judiciary’ – Judges and Magistrates Association
- Kirani Ayat responds to the Ghana Tourism Authority over copyright claims
- Sim card re-registration: BoG warns Mobile Money loan defaulters to clear debt – BoG
- Full text: Ken Ofori-Atta’s statement on state of the economy
- Failure to repay mobile money loans will affect your creditworthiness – BoG warns
- Government created 5.3 million jobs in 4 years – Wireko-Brobby
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- We’ll probe accusations against salt mining company in Ketu South – Regional Minister
- It will be a magic for government to secure IMF deal before before 2023 budget – Ato Forson
- Diana Hamilton shuts down Dominion Centre in London
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Nord Stream: Sweden finds new leak in Russian gas pipeline
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Coolio: Michelle Pfeiffer and Snoop Dogg lead tributes to Gangsta’s Paradise rapper
- 12 persons arrested in Nalerigu over Gamabaga clash
- Petroleum downstream industry witnesses 41% growth in Ghana – NPA Boss
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- Commercial banks support BoG decision to deny Mobile Money loan defaulters access to future credit
- Religious leaders demand a Non-Proliferation Treaty on fossil fuels now
- Trade Ministry reiterates commitment to promoting intra-Africa trade