The Interior Minister, Ambrose Dery, on Thursday, gave the assurance that government of President Akufo-Addo would ensure the safety of every Ghanaian.
He described the Government of Ghana, as an executive led by a sensitive President, and that the Government was not looking on unconcerned to recent issues of violence across the country.
Mr Dery was firm that murders and violence related to Ghana’s December 2020 general election, the Takoradi girls’ murder and other similar cases were under investigation.
“The matter, just like any other killings, is being investigated, rather than personalizing, the President was strengthening state institutions to empower them to deal effectively with corruption,” the Minister gave the assurance on Thursday, in Parliament.
According to him, government was also equipping police and other security agencies to be more effective.
The Interior Minister extolled President Akufo-Addo, as a sensitive president committed to democratic principles, and gave the assurance that the target of the Government was to ensure equal safety for all Ghanaians.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Cyril Ramaphosa: South African president faces threat of impeachment over ‘Farmgate’
- Moody’s downgrade is a signal that investors must exercise patience – Prof. Peprah
- Seek out Vulture investors now – Prof. Peprah to Ofori-Atta
- Banks, investment firms have not acted fairly towards Ghanaian investors – Dr. Atuahene
- National Queen Mothers Platform joins fight against illegal mining
- Defer interest payments and pay principals – Prof. Peprah
- Harmattan Season: Wildfires destroy food crops in North-East Region
- NHIA opens new office at Mion
- Second Lady calls for comprehensive development of children
- Include persons with mental health conditions in immunization programmes – MindFreedom Ghana to GHS
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians – Prof. Stephen Adei
- Directors of ‘The Woman King’ auditioned me for a role – Prince David Osei
- Government’s management of economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Supreme Court dismisses suit against GRA’s pay 30% before challenging Act
- If your music penetrates China, then you have done enough as an artiste – Kuami Eugene