Black stars skipper Asamoah Gyan has lost out on being the highest paid player in the Chinese league after the signings of Brazilian Hulk and Italian forward Graziano Pelle.
Both men joined the Chinese league this summer with Hulk signing for Asamoah Gyan’s Shanghai SIPG while Pelle signed for Shandong Luneng from Southampton.
Hulk will receive £16.5m-a-Year, making him the third highest paid player in the world and highest in China while Graziano Pelle will receive £12.5m-a-Year.
Asamoah Gyan, who earns a whooping amount of £11.8m a year deal from his club Shanghai SIPG, has dropped down to the 7th highest paid player of the world after being 6th previously..
1. Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid: £18m-a-Year
2. Lionel Messi – Barcelona: £17m-a-Year
3. Hulk – Shanghai SIPG: £16.5m-a-Year
4. Neymar – Barcelona: £15m-a-Year
5. Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Manchester United: £13m-a-Year
6. Graziano Pelle – Shandong Luneng: £12.5m-a-Year
7. Asamoah Gyan – Shanghai SIPG: £11.8m-a-Year
8. Thomas Muller – Bayern Munich: £11.5m a-Year
9. Ezequiel Lavezzi – Hebai China Fortune: £10.5m a-Year
10. Jackson Martinez – Guangzhou: £10m-a-Year
Follow Daniel on Twitter: @dbj_gh. Get more updates on Facebook/Twitter with the #JoySports hashtag