Asante Kotoko have submitted to CAF a 26-man squad for the knockout stage of the 2018/19 Confederation Cup, with seven new arrivals included.
The list presented to the continent's football governing body is made of fifteen existing players and eleven new arrivals.
It is also made up of three goalkeepers, nine defenders, ten midfielders and four attackers.
Amongst the new acquisitions in the squad are goalkeeper Muntari Tagoe, right-back, and Champions League winner, Yaw Frimpong, who returns to the club from TP Mazembe, defenders, Abdul Ganiyu Ishmail, Evans Owusu, and Abass Mohammed.
Also making the squad are newly-signed midfielders Martin Antwi, Umar Basiru, Abdul Fatawu Safiu and Kwame Bonsu, and Guinean striker Naby Laye Keita and Maxwell Baakoh.
Young goalkeeper Danlad Ibrahim keeps a spot in the squad as coach Charles Kwablan Akonnor also give spaces to goalkeeper, Felix Annan, and outfield players Obed Owusu, Jordan Opoku, Frederick Boateng and Augustine Sefah, Daniel Darkwah, Emmanuel Gyamfi, and Kwame Boahene.
The rest are Wahab Adams, Prince Acquah, Jordan Opoku, Agyeman Badu, Richard Senanu and new sensation Songne Yacouba.
The Porcupine Warriors will know their first-round opponents when the draw is conducted on November 3.
Full squad below
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- #NSMQonJoy: St. Thomas Aquinas SHS makes it to one-eighth stage with 49 points
- It’s not everyone who can be entrepreneur – CEO of Websoft Solutions Limited
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Insults, curses, and threats have no place in a secular democratic republic – Group of 18
CWG Ghana partners Centelon to host data quality management webinar
Tourism Minister anticipates $2bn to be made from ‘Beyond the Return’ this year
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Homosexuality does not pose a public health threat – Group of 18
Mason sentenced to 18 years for robbing mobile money vendor
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Redirect energy towards protecting children against sexual violence – Group petitions Parliament
Unemployed man gets 14 years for stealing plantain and cassava
A woman pope? Meet the feminists trying to save the Catholic Church
Police gun down 2 robbers, injure 1 in criminal cell raid
LGBTQI+ activities are illegal in 69 UN member states – Report
World Cup Qualifiers: Broos names provisional squad for crucial Zimbabwe and Ghana encounters
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura