The Biotechnology and Nuclear Agriculture Research Institute (BNARI) of the Ghana Atomic Energy Commission (GAEC) is set to host an online workshop to equip food processors, hoteliers, and restaurateurs on how to make and market tomato products.
The webinar would be a two-day workshop that would take place on June 8 and 9, 2022. Participants at the event will be introduced to the newly developed tomato processing techniques for tomato paste, ketchup, tomato puree, and Jollof Sauce.
“We are organizing a two-day workshop where we want to introduce people to some convenient technologies and products that we have come up with all in the hope of reducing the losses that we are facing as well as getting some employable skills,” a senior research scientist and Head of the Radiation Technology Centre at BNARI, Dr Owureku-Asare said on the Super Morning Show on Tuesday, June 7.
Speaking on the rationale for the event to the host, Kojo Yankson, she said it is also aimed at mitigating the losses in the tomato processing industry.
“It’s a packed programme, we are going to introduce people to different technologies – can technology, solar drying technologies, etc. As it stands we have huge losses in the tomato value chain, up to about 50 percent and it is very important that we use these technologies to help us reduce these losses,” she said.
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose 4th consecutive game; Medeama drop points
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil, diesel in Western Region
- UEW staff write to Akufo-Addo to remove Governing Council Chair over abuse of office, appointment of VC
- Woman jailed over infant deaths pardoned
- Ecobank Ghana supports Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative with $120,000
- Prince Harry accused of ‘wasting time’
- Billie Jean King Cup: Richard Ayi Dartey announces Ghana’s squad
- Five bills expected to be laid as Parliament reconvenes tomorrow
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Lasmid leaves Highly Spiritual Music – Kaywa confirms
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- There is no law to empower GHAMRO to charge for music play – Rex Omar
- Gunmen kill dozens and kidnap children in northern Nigeria
- Power Purchase Agreements: Let’s go for least-cost procurement competitive tender regime – former VRA Boss
- Wimbledon: Russian and Belarusian players still waiting for visas to enter UK
- Ga Traditional Council entreats citizens to adhere to customary laws
- We’ll continue to push for good pricing for Ghana’s cocoa beans – Agric Minister