Police sources have revealed, the gun belonging to Captain Maxwell Adam Mahama has been found two days after he was lynched at Denkyira-Obuasi in the Central region.
The police are yet to disclose the condition in which the gun was found but Myjoyonline.com's sources revealed it was found with a Unit Committee Member of the area.
The whereabouts of the gun became the subject of investigations after soldiers stormed the community in an aggressive display of mourning of their leader.
Scores were rounded up and locked inside a church as a massive manhunt for perpetrators begun.
In the past 48 hours, the police have arrested six suspects and a seventh man, the Assemblyman who is said to have incited the residents to lynch the fallen soldier.
The partially burnt body of the captain has been flown to the capital Accra, police have said.
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Livestream: Parliament to vote on Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Attack on Golden Star Wassa: Company suspends operation at Benso site
- After standoff and brief suspension, Parliament regroups to vote on new appointees
- Black Stars Playbook: The Stars struggle to align in Chris Hughton’s first game
- NPP using ‘useless’ tactics to delay voting on ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- How to look chic and modest in a scarf
- Medikal raps better than most of the female rappers except me – Eno Barony
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- ICGC’s CT Praise to drop ‘Lala Dance Medley’ ahead of The Encounter album
- Pregnant mother’s death in Oti Region island community sparks healthcare concern
- Esmond Quansah: Lead pollution, Ghana’s ticking time-bomb
- Support Ghana’s efforts to restore debt sustainability – IMF to bilateral creditors
- We’re making progress towards securing a deal with China – Ofori-Atta
- Chamber of Mines appeals to government to protect mining firms
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees