Chelsea have signed England left-back Ben Chilwell from Leicester on a five-year deal.
Chilwell is Chelsea’s third addition of the summer after the arrivals of winger Hakim Ziyech, 27, from Ajax and striker Timo Werner, 24, from RB Leipzig.
The defender, 23, is a Leicester academy product who made his debut for the club in 2015, and had a contract with the Foxes until 2024.
He missed the final five matches of the 2019-20 season with a foot injury.
Chelsea took fourth place and a Champions League place at the expense of Leicester on the final day of the Premier League season in July.
“I’m looking forward to being a part of this young, dynamic squad led by Frank Lampard as we challenge for honours next season,” said Chilwell, who has 11 England caps.
Chilwell made a total of 123 appearances for Leicester and scored four goals, three of them coming in the Premier League last season.
Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia added: “We are confident Ben will adapt very quickly to being a Chelsea player and with the fixture programme for 2020-21 especially busy, he is a fantastic addition to the squad needed to challenge for honours.”
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Group prevails on Energy Commission to lift ban on importation of used electrical appliances
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Is weed okro for one to swallow eight easily? – Family quizzes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- UGBS launch innovation and incubation hub to support start-ups
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Some Ghanaian artistes are egoistic and shortsighted – Jay Foley
- NPA to drag 47 OMCs to court for non-payment of PDM collected
- Ashanti Regional NDC leadership hands over Suame Youth Organiser to Police
- We are still opposed to C.I which makes Ghana Card only source document for voters’ registration – Minority
- Ministerial appointments do not cost as much as people think – Dr. Adomako Kissi
- Visiting green spaces 3-4 times weekly may lower your need for meds, according to new study
- Use legal means to challenge imposition of back-tax – GRA to multinational companies
- Amidatu Kassim: Partnering with men and boys to end FGM – a call to action
- We’re encouraging Ghana’s government to push education in creative arts – Idris Elba