Audio By Carbonatix
The Kaneshie District Court will on Monday, August 16, 2021, conduct committal proceedings of the two persons, including a minor, who are being held for the murder of the 10-year-old boy at Kasoa.
The proceedings would pave for the accused to stand trial at the High Court, following the death of Ishmael Mensah Abdallah.
When the matter was called at the Kaneshie court on Thursday, Nana Adoma Osei, Senior State Attorney informed the court that the state was ready for the committal proceedings.
However, the Senior State Attorney said she was informed that the exhibits to be tendered were with the case investigator who was on his way to the court.
Nana Adoma, therefore, prayed to the court for the case to be stood down.
The court presided over by Ms. Rosemond Agyiri Duodoo adjourned the matter to Monday, August 16, and directed that photographs of the exhibits should be taken to be tendered for expeditious committal proceedings.
It would be recalled that Chief Justice Kwasi Anin Yeboah on July 29, this year, ordered the transfer of the matter from Kasoa in the Central Region to the Kaneshie District Court in the Greater Accra Region for expeditious trial.
The accused persons including; a minor (name withheld) and Felix Nyarko, had been charged with conspiracy and murder.
The two were said to have murdered Abdallah on April 3, this year for ritual purposes, after they had lured him into an uncompleted building and killed him with a club and a cement block.
Latest Stories
-
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
1 hour -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
1 hour -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
2 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
2 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
2 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
2 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
2 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
3 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
3 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
3 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
3 hours -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
3 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
3 hours -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours