Christopher Koomson, alias, Kofi Kum, 42, an unemployed man from Mankessim, who allegedly threatened to kill his mother and sister after stealing from his step-father, has been remanded into prison custody for three weeks, by a circuit court at Cape Coast.
Koomson, pleaded not guilty to unlawful entry, stealing and threat of death and is to re-appear on Thursday, July 12.
Prosecuting, Chief Inspector Augustine Amonoo told the court that early this month, the complainant, Kwesi Osumanu, a trader, and Koomson’s step-father, travelled to Elubo on business and left the house in the care of Koomson’s mother.
He alleged that a few days later, Koomson went to his mother and demanded some money from her and when she failed to give him some, he became furious and forcibly opened his step-father’s room and took an amplifier worth 700,000 cedis.
He also alleged that when his mother confronted him, he pulled out a knife from his pocket and threatened to stab her to death so she ran away and the accused took the amplifier away.
He later returned to the house, went into his step-father’s room again and took away a tuner valued at 600,000 cedis, and when his sister, confronted him, he chased her also with a knife and threatened to kill her.
He said Koomson gave the items to a friend for safe-keeping when he failed to get someone to buy them immediately and they were retrieved when his step-father returned from his journey and made a report to the police.
Source: The Ghanaian Times
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
Travis Barker celebrates Kourtney Kardashian on her birthday
DKB solicits funds on behalf of Akuapem Poloo
We set out to protect lives and property – Ghana Police Service on arresting hooligans at match centres
Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
Super League won’t go ahead after English clubs withdraw
Super League: Liverpool owner John W Henry apologises to fans
GNAT asks government to release textbooks based on new curriculum for teachers and pupils
World reacts to death of Chad President Idriss Deby
Senyo Hosi: When shall we breathe?
Meet 2 life-changing health professionals in Northern Ghana
The beauty ideal fuelling an illicit drugs trade
Dental trauma: What to know and what to do
Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
Meet the midwife driving a ‘Wooden Door Ambulance’ to save lives
Egyptian railways boss sacked after deadly crash