The Acting Inspector-General of Police, Dr George Akuffo Dampare, has embarked on a 60-hour ground operational tour in the Bono East region.
The dawn-to-dusk tour which was undertaken on Monday and Tuesday was to among others, review ground combat operations, interact with the chiefs and people of the region and as well interact with personnel on the ground on the security situation in the area.
The region has over the past few years recorded high cases relating to serious crimes such as Highway robbery, murder and armed robbery.
The tour took him to Techiman, Tuobodom, Wenchi, Nkoranza, Abease, New Longoro, Prang, Yeji among others.
To quell insecurity in these areas, one hundred and fifty highly skilled combat operatives have been deployed to assist police in the region.
During his interaction with personnel at more than 30 different operational checkpoints and police stations, Dr Akuffo Dampare gave the assurance that the police administration will continue to provide resources to personnel on the ground to fight serious crimes.
He also thanked the men and women on the ground for the many successful combat operations which had yielded positive results over the last few days.
At Abease, New Longoro and Yeji in the Bono East Region, the excited chiefs and opinion leaders told the delegation that the operational tour and interaction with the chiefs was the first of its kind by any IGP and they further pledged their support to police operations in the area.
The acting IGP was accompanied by COP Paul Awini, Director-General, Research and Planning, DCOP Enoch Adutwum Bediako, Director-General, Services and DCOP Mrs Habiba Twumasi Sarpong, Director-General, Welfare.
Other senior officers from the National Headquarters and the Bono East Region accompanied the team to the aforementioned areas.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- 14-yrs after former IGP Kudalor’s bodyguard ‘vanished’, his mother seeks closure
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- UCC’s Prof David Teye Doku named best Social Sciences and Humanities Scientist in Ghana
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17
- US Ambassador to Malta pays courtesy call on Ghana’s High Commissioner to Malta, Barbara Benisa
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife